Thread: Slower Tempo

Default Slower Tempo

Hey!at

I am an intermediate player but i know very little about 7th chords or sus chords. I am trying to learn these but at first even 40 beats is very fast. Hard to catch...

Thanks.

Have you tried looping a few measures to play repeatedly?
    You could also easily write a sample chart to study the changes.

7th Chords - Example

You'll find that a dominant 7th (1,3,5,7b) isn't (usually) happy until it resolves to its 4th.
    Where do you think a sus chord (1,4,5) wants to resolve? (Hint: look at the major triad in the chord above...)
    Have fun!
    )BOB

Thanks pdxdjazz. So , when you play a C7dominant , will it resolve to an F chord eventually?

I couldn't figure where a sus chord will resolve. Help me understand please.

I got another question. When i play using 2 handed piano schemes progressions are all the same. For example a D chord is shown as DAFAD at every song. But it should change right? Some songs should have different progressions. How do i do it? Is there a setting for that?

Quote Originally Posted by querorz View Post
    Thanks pdxdjazz. So , when you play a C7dominant , will it resolve to an F chord eventually?
    Often, but not always. Read about the circle of fifths.
    http://www.music-theory-for-musician...of-fifths.html

I couldn't figure where a sus chord will resolve. Help me understand please.
    A sus chord often wants to resolve to its major triad. Csus > C. Think Ahhhh-men.

I got another question. When i play using 2 handed piano schemes progressions are all the same. For example a D chord is shown as DAFAD at every song. But it should change right? Some songs should have different progressions. How do i do it? Is there a setting for that?
    The notes in a D chord are D, F#, A. (1,3,5) you can choose to play them in different inversions (the order may change) but as long as it's a D chord, that's what you get to work with.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-02-2015 at 12:28 PM.