Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with new download after not using for a while

Default Issues with new download after not using for a while

I was running an old download of iReal B with no issues until a couple of weeks ago when my Mac gave up the ghost. I downloaded iReal Pro to replace it and I'm finding that if I have it opened but unused for a while and then try to play a song it won't play. I can fix this by shutting it down and re-opening. Anyone come across this and is there a fix?

Another quirk - some songs on iReal pro have a count-in of 8 rather than 4, which they didn't in iReal B - is this deliberate and why? Can it be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceC View Post

Another quirk - some songs on iReal pro have a count-in of 8 rather than 4, which they didn't in iReal B - is this deliberate and why? Can it be fixed?
    Is your count-in set to "auto"?
    See if this thread helps with that issue:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...nt-in-Roulette

)BOB

Thanks - I hope that's fixed that problem.

Just need to fix the other one which is much more annoying.........

Quote Originally Posted by BruceC View Post
    I was running an old download of iReal B with no issues until a couple of weeks ago when my Mac gave up the ghost. I downloaded iReal Pro to replace it and I'm finding that if I have it opened but unused for a while and then try to play a song it won't play. I can fix this by shutting it down and re-opening. Anyone come across this and is there a fix?
    Have you tried restarting your Mac itself?
    You could also run a backup (see Help>Tutorials) then trash the app and download a fresh copy.
    Is it any random song that does not play?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Have you tried restarting your Mac itself?
    You could also run a backup (see Help>Tutorials) then trash the app and download a fresh copy.
    Is it any random song that does not play?
    I'll try those suggestions. I can't remember if the Mac's been restarted since this issue.

One of two things happens: the song won't start OR it appears to start but no sound. (Other sound sources on the Mac still work fine.)

I had a similar issue with drum machine software on my previous Mac. If it was open and unused for a while, there would be no sound when played back. Closing and re-opening the program solved the problem. I used the drum machine rarely and could live with it. I use iReal a lot more.

Tried switching Mac off and on and deleting iReal and re-downloading. Neither made any difference.

Thanks, sorry about this.
    Have you tried different songs? (Perhaps download some recent ones from the forums here.)
    Are you using the Mac's internal speakers?
    Bottom left is the audio output menu which you can check.
    Also System Prefs>Sound, check the settings and toggle between them a little, then try play again.
    The spacebar can be used to start play or the mouse clicking the play button. You have tried both of these?
    Which Mac OS are you using?
    If it starts playing, do you still see the location position highlighting each measure as it plays?
    Thanks.

Thanks, sorry about this.
    Have you tried different songs? (Perhaps download some recent ones from the forums here.)
    Are you using the Mac's internal speakers?
    Bottom left is the audio output menu which you can check.
    Also System Prefs>Sound, check the settings and toggle between them a little, then try play again.
    The spacebar can be used to start play or the mouse clicking the play button. You have tried both of these?
    Which Mac OS are you using?
    If it starts playing, do you still see the location position highlighting each measure as it plays?
    Thanks.
    Generally it's not playing. When I click it to play the 00.00 sign underneath changes to the same sign followed by the duration of the song in brackets. If I click play again the play sign changes to a pause sign and the 00.00 and the following numbers flash off and on but there's no progress through the song.

... and you have tried different songs?
    If you change the style, does it then play or still fault?
    If you go into the editor, does Play work? You should be able to click a specific measure and click Play.

... and you have tried different songs?
    If you change the style, does it then play or still fault?
    If you go into the editor, does Play work? You should be able to click a specific measure and click Play.
    Sorry for delayed response, I've been travelling.

Bizarrely on my return the problem seems to have mutated into something else.

iReal B is now playing as it should, but if it isn't being used for a time and I try to use it there is no sound. The cursor is now moving through the tune but no sound. Again, if I shut the program down and restart it the problem is solved but if I stop using it for a bit (and don't shut it down) when I go back there is no sound. I had a similar problem before with a drum machine but that was on a different Mac.