Thread: Another "repeats" question, sorry!

Default Another "repeats" question, sorry!

Hi there - In the attached chart, I'm trying to get 3 repeats of AAB, followed by final A. But I can only work out how to get 2 repeats. How can I achieve 3 repeats in a way that works in iReal playback and is also clear to pianist? Thanks! - Guy

On The Sunny Side Of The Street (Guy version, G major, mm160) - Jimmy McHugh

Quote Originally Posted by StreathamGuy View Post
    Hi there - In the attached chart, I'm trying to get 3 repeats of AAB, followed by final A. But I can only work out how to get 2 repeats. How can I achieve 3 repeats in a way that works in iReal playback and is also clear to pianist? Thanks! - Guy

On The Sunny Side Of The Street (Guy version, G major, mm160) - Jimmy McHugh

Your request (above)
    3 repeats of AAB, followed by final A
    is (appears) different from the text instructions you placed at the bottom of your chart
    (singer A A B A, instrumental A B A, singer A B A)

EDIT: Actually it works...
    (Singer A1 A2 B A1, instrumental A2 B A1, singer A2 B Coda(=Final A)
    It only looks different...

So, IN, the form (AAB)x3, coda.

This version plays per your request (above) 3 repeats of AAB, followed by final A(coda)

On The Sunny Side Of The Street (Guy version, G major, mm160) 1 - Jimmy McHugh

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-27-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StreathamGuy View Post
    Thank you Bob, now I understand... the repeats button at the bottom repeats x times to coda, then coda plays just once... got it, thanks! - Guy
    Read this:
    http://irealpro.com/how-the-coda-sym...-in-ireal-pro/
    )BOB