Thread: Bug? Keys lost when sending playlist?

Exclamation Bug? Keys lost when sending playlist?

Hi,

I recently had a colleague send me a playlist of 120 songs from his iPad to my iPad (via email) for an upcoming gig.

My iPad imported the 120 songs from the email.
    However, all the keys of the songs in his playlist are different to what appears on my iPad now. eg. The same song on his may be in G, while mine will be in C.

Is this a bug or are there some settings needed in order to retain the keys during playlist export?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    However, all the keys of the songs in his playlist are different to what appears on my iPad now. eg. The same song on his may be in G, while mine will be in C. ...
    Check you both have Settings>Transpose set to the same key (global transpose.)
    But you are right, currently the Playlist export does not remember what key it was set to when sent. We are aware of this and hope to add this in the future (although sometimes it is good to have it as it is, if you just need the songs, not necessarily the key it was set to.)

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure such a feature will be much appreciated - and could help to avoid some train-wrecks in some live situations. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    ... and could help to avoid some train-wrecks in some live situations. ;-)
    But you can all transpose in your head as you are playing, right?

A workaround I use, is to save a copy, transpose it in INFO so it is in that key by default, then construct a playlist with those.

haha.. sure, if you're on the same side of the stage and have time to discuss keys beforehand. ;-)

Thanks for the work-around, as cumbersome as it may be. (120 songs)

Any solution for this bug yet. It has been 5 months without a solution....

Quote Originally Posted by urazyjazzy View Post
    Any solution for this bug yet. It has been 5 months without a solution....
    Sorry nothing yet but it is on the list. We are aware it is annoying.
    I prepare a playlist with songs that are copies of the original, with the singers initials after the title, locking in their key in Song info. This also means I can edit the chart with their intro, changes etc. just for them and it does not affect the general library charts.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Sorry nothing yet but it is on the list. We are aware it is annoying.
    I prepare a playlist with songs that are copies of the original, with the singers initials after the title, locking in their key in Song info. This also means I can edit the chart with their intro, changes etc. just for them and it does not affect the general library charts.
    Hi it has been 8 months since your last post about this bug . Are there any updates about a fix. Is it really that difficult for you guys to fix this concidering you guys are adding some magical features to the app and you are more than capable of fixing such a minor bug. But it is a huge bug for the busy gigin! musicians like us. The solution you have provided is very kind of you but it is not convenient enough for us. When we prepare playlists before a concert we would like to spread to the musicians instantly and ready so that nobody asks anything. And creating playlist should not be so much of a time consuming hustle which it would be with the solution you suggested.Please I would love this bug to be fixed so that I could really consider this app as perfect which is already a milestone for musicians
    Thank you for a such a great app
    best regards...
    Last edited by urazyjazzy; 03-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.