Thread: Makeing accompaniment stop for a solo interlude

Default Makeing accompaniment stop for a solo interlude

is there a way to edit the song where you can make the accompaniment stop for let's say 4 measures then when you play along, you can do a solo interlude and the accompaniment will join back in. This is prominent in many jazz tunes and would be great practice. Just don't see what I can do in edit mode. Are there full measure rests?

Thanks,
    Mike

Break/tacet has been requested, not yet implemented.
    An easy work around you can try:
    insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.
    )BOB

more discussion:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5932#post25932

Of course, you can eliminate chords from measures by putting in N.C. ("no chord"), if you don't mind that the drums keep playing.

If you also want the chord symbol to continue to appear, put in an alternate chord, which will show above the line and not play.
    Last edited by engelbach; 08-02-2015 at 02:59 PM.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

There have been other requests for a tacet that would silence all instruments from chord chart playback; I found a thread about this topic from 2011. From my point of view, the ability to force a beat-by-beat tacet (similar to the beat-by-beat NC symbol) is the most pressing omission that needs to be implemented in iRP. I've never understood why this feature hasn't already been included in an update and hope that the developers will satisfy this request.
    Last edited by Keith88; 08-02-2015 at 08:53 PM.

And, of course, you don't HAVE to have a drummer at all. Some jazz combos have only a bass player for beat, and then the bass stops along with the chords when you use the N.C. feature. That makes total silence.