Thread: Feature suggestion: style editor

Default Feature suggestion: style editor

Hi there,

sorry to annoy you with my stupid ideas, but here's another one.
    How about a style editor? With so many creative people out there on the
    net, I am sure there will be a lot of incredible styles created in no time. Like
    for example typical accompaniment styles from many famous bands like the Miles Davis Quintett or Bil Evans (or heavy metal styles :-) ).

I am not sure how much work that would be ...

Cheers,

Jens

Quote Originally Posted by frimipiso View Post
    How about a style editor? ...
    Hi Jens, you mean Player styles? not at the moment as it is heavily coded to get it working as well as it is, and we tweak the sounds and all kinds of things. It obviously would be possible at some stage in the future but we would have to change the structure of the coding etc. to allow for this, so is quite a big task.
    We like your suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

I think the great thing about this software is, that it is simple. I've used Band in a Box for many years, and it's getting more and more complex (and with an unfriendly UI).

These kind of programs will never sound like a real band, so keep it simple. Rhythm to help us practise time. Chords to help us practise intonation and form.

Greetings from Morten

Quote Originally Posted by morten View Post
    I think the great thing about this software is, that it is simple. ....
    the trouble is, people ask for more features to be added.... you add them, and eventually new users think it is not that simple. We take a lot of time to consider everything we do and how to implement it. Thanks for your thoughts Morten.

OK with Morten , keep it simple.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    the trouble is, people ask for more features to be added.... you add them, and eventually new users think it is not that simple. We take a lot of time to consider everything we do and how to implement it. Thanks for your thoughts Morten.
    Does this mean that it is not possible for anyone else to compose and contribute a style?

I'm sure it's not the work of a moment to put a style together--I appreciate the work you've done to make those you've made. Is it possible for others to build styles, or is this just way too complex a process?

I've replaced my old Boss JS-5 with iRealb... the interface is far superior. I'd like to be able to contribute styles and see what styles others can do too.

Is it impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by d1stewart View Post
    Does this mean that it is not possible for anyone else to compose and contribute a style? ... Is it impossible?
    We will be considering this in the future, so at the moment there is no import for user styles.

ref: iReal b v4