Thread: How to import songs from forum to iPad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to import songs from forum to iPad?

Please advise how to import songs from the forum to the iPad. I was able to email it to the iPad, but don't see how to get the file into irb.

Also, is there a Search field anywhere on the iPad? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob6 View Post
    Please advise how to import songs from the forum to the iPad. I was able to email it to the iPad, but don't see how to get the file into irb.

Also, is there a Search field anywhere on the iPad? Thanks.
    Hello Bob,
    to import from forum, within iReal book there is a Forums tab. Tap on it to connect (you must have an active wireless or 3G internet connection obviously.) Navigate to the song or playlist and tap on its name. It should automatically import.

Search, in the Song index you will see the alphabet at the right of the window. At the top is a small magnifying glass above A, above #. Slide up to it or tap on it.

Additional information here:
    http://irealb.com/
    in our Support area.
    I hope this helps. Thanks for your question.
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks, but I'm still stuck.

I don't know how to navigate to the song or playlist within the iPad. The song I'm looking for is Hawaiian Wedding Song. I can get to it directly thru the Search field that appears on the computer, but no such Search field appears on the iPad.

When I say 'search," I mean search in general for any subject, not just a particular song.

Usually I get an email showing you have replied, but this time I didn't.
    Thanks!

I don't know how to navigate to the song or playlist within the iPad. The song I'm looking for is Hawaiian Wedding Song. I can get to it directly thru the Search field that appears on the computer, but no such Search field appears on the iPad...
    When you get to forums by tapping on the Forums tab, you have to log in before you see the search option for searching forums. You will also see Menu which will take you to the mobile view of forums (succinct view.) In this view if you want to search again, tap Menu. The search field is at the top.
    If you swipe to the bottom of the page, you can tap Normal version. This will take you to our forums page as you know it via your computer. But you will have to log on again.

Actually I have bookmarked this URL for myself and have it in my Safari Bookmarks in my iPad:
    http://irealb.com/forums/
    This takes me directly to normal computer view on my iPad within Safari (does not work from iReal b.) If you tap on a song or playlist here, it will import directly to iReal b.
    (This procedure and URL could change in the future but currently works.)

I hope this helps more Bob, but if I have not answered your question, reply back.

----------
    For your specific song, if you are reading this on your iPad, tap on this:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showpost.ph...88&postcount=6

----------
    Thread subscription information here:
    http://irealb.com/forums/faq.php?s=&...l&titlesonly=0

In User Control Panel> Edit options>Messaging&Notification>Default Thread subscription.
    You can set a default to always notifying you;
    Or when you post a reply, in the Additional Options box below the typing area you can set Notification type, by default it is what you set in your Control panel, but you can change it for a particular post.
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 05:27 PM.

OK, making progress. Thanks for the help.

Don't know how the thread subscription got reset to Do Not Subscribe, but it's set back to Instant now.

I've figured out now to view IRB forums from Safari, rather than from IRB since it's just too tiny to read. That was confusing. I used the link you provided for Hawaiian Wedding Song, and it working perfectly. If you wouldn't mind, I could use help with how to get an edited version from the computer to the iPad. I got it emailed over OK, but how do I get it into the player?

Not to derail, but I'm finding the iPad is a bit tedious compared to the laptop. So I'm thinking of just getting the computer version of IRB. Can you elaborate on a few of the differences between the two versions? Should I hold off on tossing the iPad?

... I could use help with how to get an edited version from the computer to the iPad. I got it emailed over OK, but how do I get it into the player?
    ...Can you elaborate on a few of the differences between the two versions? Should I hold off on tossing the iPad?
    From computer to iPad. There are instructions at our website:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/ios-manual/
    basically when the email arrives on your iPad, you tap on the song or playlist name and iReal book should open and import.
    Where it might not work is if you are using either gmail or hotmail addresses (can corrupt our code.) We suggest trying an email address you might use with your ISP or other email addresses you might have. Or you can post to our Forum Sandbox and tap it on your iPad to import (then delete the post since this is a temporary area just for testing and transferring.)

The difference between the laptop or iPad?
    I prefer iPad for live use as it sits on piano/music stands easily. It might depend on what instrument you play, your practice room, positioning in the band etc.
    The laptop version (you can see screenshots in the Mac app store) gives you quick access to playlists or song index as you can see everything at once. Editing or inputting your own tunes is much easier using either the Mac editor or iReal book for Mac I think and I usually Save the .irb file to my Mac for backup directly. I find it easier to use my mouse or trackpad on my Macbook rather than tapping to input or edit using the iPad. You can print directly from your laptop.
    Both versions are similar and the same styles will be available for both. Songs from the forum are easily imported into either version.

Let me know if this helps. Post any more questions if you need to.

ref:
    iReal book v3.0.4
    iReal book for Mac v1.0
    Mac editor 0.6.4
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.

I am not sure if this product is compatible with older iPad models. I now only have an iPad 3. If iPad 3 is not OK, maybe I will upgrade to a latest device.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Life may be tough sometimes, but you can still make it easier. Cuou is here to help make life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Micully View Post
    I am not sure if this product is compatible with older iPad models. I now only have an iPad 3. If iPad 3 is not OK, maybe I will upgrade to a latest device.
    The current version of iReal Pro is not compatible with older iPads. If you are able to, it would be best to purchase a more recent or new model. (New models will last longer as they will be able to update to the future OSs that Apple release and iReal Pro updates into the future.)

Minimum requirements of iReal Pro currently (May 2019)
    iOS: the current version of iReal Pro requires iOS 11.4 or later.
    App size: approx. 78 MB
    You need 5 - 20 MB to have thousands of songs in the app.
    The main playlists take up approx. 2 MB.

---
    An old version of iReal Pro can run on an iPad 3. Please contact us at Support if you would like more information (although we normally would not recommend doing this).