Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selecting chord diagrams

Default Selecting chord diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    Hey, Bob:

"Through the chord diagrams icon, iOS lower right, you can also get to the font selection screen and the chord LIBRARY where you'll find and view diagrams of additional chord voicings (these don't affect or change what the player will play)"

When you say "these don't affect or change what the player will play" - you mean the SOUND, correct? 'Cause I can't get my guitar voicing choices to show on the screen no matter what - they all keep reverting to 1st position.
    Yes, sounds. Player chord voicings are selected by the programming and may change each time the song is loaded by the player.
    As far as I can tell, (v6.0.1) the inversions in the chord library are are for educational use. Viewing different inversions of
    chords in the library doesn't appear to change either the small chord diagrams displayed by the Font selected or the large diagrams displayed measure by measure as the player plays.
    )BOB

EDIT:
    If you turn on chord diagrams (not the chord font, but the large diagrams that roll by one measure at a time during play) While a large chord is displayed, touch a large diagram to pause play, then you can swipe on it to select a different voicing to display.

Man, that's news you can use!
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-04-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Updated info
    )BOB

Hey, Bob, thx! That's awesome. Only little bit I'd say is that to pause play in order to edit the chord voicing, I have to press the large chord diagram & then let go - if I press & hold, the player just keeps going. A little tricky when there are 2 chords in a measure (or more!), but slowing down the tempo can take care of that.

Thx for the help, this was just was I was looking for!

Would it be possible to introduce a setting that would cause the chord diagrams to be, say, those closest to a targeted fret? For example, the user could select Fret 6 (say), so that chord inversions closest the 6th fret would be shown by default.

I know it is possible to change chord diagrams one by one, but the default is now fret zero (open position). Seems like it would be straightforward to move the default "base" fret up the neck.

THANKS! I was also looking for how to select which chord diagram to show, this is great. I am guessing this does not affect the voicing of the playback, because this is just a chord diagram selection, the chord remains the same. And I am using ukulele chord diagrams.

Correct.

As the BIG diagrams flash by while the player is playing,
    (Activated through the chords/scales icon)
    Tap a diagram to pause play, swipe the diagram left/right to view alternative voicings, tap again to resume play.
    (Doesn't affect what the player plays)

Or select "settings" (gear icon), font, Uke chords. That will populate the whole chart with *tiny* chord diagrams.
    I think that's only really useful on larger tablets or printed charts.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-26-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Default Chord Voicing Fret

Chord voicing - Chord view on another fret. How to adjust?I have a Ipad. thanks for your help
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-18-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Moved here from Feature Requests

Posted elsewhere as a visitor message
    Deedee314
    How can I change the chord voicing?
    For example - Fmaj7 on the 7th fret and not on the 1st fret.
    Thanks, Deedee
    DeeDee,
    Ask questions in the forums so answers will help everyone.
    Always search first.
    Your answer is here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1139#post41139
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-18-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks all! It was very helpful 👍
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Deedee 🎸

I too am finding the guitar quite limiting in this regard. I'd gladly trade in half the synth sounds and a few other features to be able to have more control over the guitar features including chord progressions, etc. I'm also hoping a future release will allow for different time signatures and key changes.