Thread: Want to copy playlist from iphone/ipad to computer

Default Want to copy playlist from iphone/ipad to computer

It was real simple to transfer a playlist from my ipad to iphone. Now I want to transfer it to computer and when I open the attachment it is a web page.

It must be simple but searching I found no instructions to transfer to my computer.

On computer there is a Share for playlists but that is the wrong directions.

Thank you,
    Tom

yes it is in html format. Email (send) it to your Mac. Then it is easiest to drag the attached file from your email directly onto iReal Pro (on the dock) to import (although you can double-click it and when it appears as a webpage, click on its name).

Thank you. The second one worked. No luck on the first for some reason.

Much appreciated,
    Tom

Can the iOS people enlighten me? (I'm still on my old 4G iPod so I don't know about the latest version.) There's an app that comes installed with OSX called "Bluetooth File Exchange" that lets me transfer files easily back and forth between my iMac and my Android tablets. I am dumbfounded that it doesn't work with iOS. Is there nothing in the AppStore that can make it compatible?

P.S. Hi Sherry. Tomg is talking about transferring .irp files, not iTune songs.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    Can the iOS people enlighten me? (I'm still on my old 4G iPod so I don't know about the latest version.) There's an app that comes installed with OSX called "Bluetooth File Exchange" that lets me transfer files easily back and forth between my iMac and my Android tablets. I am dumbfounded that it doesn't work with iOS. Is there nothing in the AppStore that can make it compatible?
    No one answered?

Is this related to iReal Pro files?

If not, more generally?
    If so, are you wanting to transfer files via Bluetooth? You can use Airdrop:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204144
    Otherwise iTunes is used for transferring files in and out of specific apps, music, videos etc.
    For iReal Pro songs, use email or dropbox (etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    No one answered?

Is this related to iReal Pro files?

If not, more generally?
    If so, are you wanting to transfer files via Bluetooth? You can use Airdrop:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204144
    Otherwise iTunes is used for transferring files in and out of specific apps, music, videos etc.
    For iReal Pro songs, use email or dropbox (etc.)
    Well, it's what I use to transfer OSX iRP files to Android, but I guess it was more out of general curiosity. Regarding AirDrop, like I said, my iPod Touch is 4th Gen so it won't work. Instead, I use two free apps - DiskAid for OSX and FileApp for iOS - which exchange files directly via USB. This process might work for TomG.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.