Thread: Easy way for double time

Default Easy way for double time

I made a short remark earlier about that in another thread. To make it really clear, I think it is good to describe it moore in detail.

When you play a waltz, 3/4, you can bring it easily into a double time feel: you change the Time Signature at the the beginning of the chords from 3/4 to 6/4, and you double the tempo. Thats all, needs 20 sec.

Vice versa you can change 4/4 into a half time feel, by changing 4/4 into 2/4.

A double time feel for 4/4 could be done easily, if a Time Signature 8/4 would be possible.
    Unfortunately 8/4 is not yet possible. But therefore even more complex Time Signatures are allowed, like 9/8 etc, I guess, that allowing this in the software should be quite easy, maybe a thing of few minutes?

So this could be an easy beginning for a kind of double time feature for ALMOST ALL EXISTING STYLES, which is a quite good educational help. Maybe later with more advanced options. Just a beginn.

So a "Please, Please" from the heart, please allow this soon.
    Thank You!

Hey, Im totally agree with this. So, more years gone and still on iphone app isn’t easy solution how to switch between half and doubletime. Of course 8/8 could be possibility. How it looks in new updates? Is it able now?

Default Since 2011 people call of doubletime 8/8

It miss me easy switch beetwen halftime and double time. It’s way to change 4/4 to 2/4 but 8/8 not exist. Ive found here that many people ask for it since 2011. Are u wondering to create this? Thx
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-10-2023 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread