Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Chord Diagrams

Default different chord voicing within a single song

different chord voicing within a single song
    would it be possible? Or is it for iReal Utopia?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-19-2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Another vote for custom chords and fingerings! I was just trying to add a very popular guitar version of Night in Tunisia to iReal Pro and it’s just impossible because you can’t include A7#9b13 for example. Also, is there really no way to use different fingerings when a chord appears in different bars in the same song? That’s not Pro at all

All the guitarists I work with know all the chords like that. Check out this site: http://songmaven.com/online-music-to...ords-chart.php

P.S. You don't have to play all the notes of the chords, particularly the root and the fifth.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Your chord is in iReal as: A7#9#5.
    Last edited by raymb1; 02-12-2018 at 09:51 PM.

You can use A7#9#5. It's basically the same as A7#9b13

Default Ability to alter ukulele chord diagrams

Thanks again for this wonderful app! I’m an ukulele teacher and I’d love to have the ability to create my own ukulele chord charts for my student. Your options are cool, there’s just simpler ways to play them that I’d like to add.
    Thanks!
    Dani Joy
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-18-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Lightbulb Allow chord fingerings on a per measure basis

A great feature would be the ability to assign chord fingerings per measure -- not just per song. (See attached image.)

BACKGROUND RE CHORD FONTS: Several iReal Pro player fonts (e.g., Guitar font) show chord-fingerings, and the user can long-tap any chord in the chart to select from alternative fingerings. For example, for a Gm7 chord in measure 3, when I currently choose a fingering, that fingering populates all other Gm7 chords in the song. But in Bar 28, because now the adjacent chords are different, I may need to play a Gm7 at a alternate position -- up or down the fret-board. But, to reiterate, currently when a Gm7 fingering gets chosen, all measures with that chord show that fingering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-2021-07-30-16233.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	572
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-30-2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

ANother vote for customized chords... may be just through the ability to insert a picture in the lyrics text , if it's too much work to implement a genuine chord editor.

I totally second this suggestion. This is one of the key features missing. It is seldom that the same fingering for a chord will be used throughout a song. Limiting the choice to one fingering per song really is very limiting. Please implement.

Default Custom chord diagrams and different fingerings for the same chord in a song

Hello all. iRealPro is the most useful app I have ever tried and I really love it.

I miss a few features which I believe would improve hugely what is already an excellent app:

1) the capability to asign custom chord shapes, alternative and perhaps non-standard fingerings for chords.It will neve be possible for the programme itself to include every single chord shape/fingering out there. If I had the capability to assign my own additional and perhaps non standard fingerings to chords, this would seriously expand the existing vocabulary. It would be even better if we users, could share those extra shapes with everybody else.

2) The capability to use different fingerings for the same chord in a song. It is very often that I want to use the same chord, say FMaj7, several times in a song, but played at different positions on the fretboard. This is very usual because chord fingepring will depend on the previous and following chords and having one single fingering throughout a whole song reduced seriously expressiveness.

3) When creating or editing a song, it would be helpful to allow the choice of a blank chord box, in which I could then asign fret number and notes, to input a totally personal chord. The program could perhaps recognise this chord and offer alternative names, in the same way other programs recognise chords (I do not want to mention App names here but I am sure you know of them).

Not too many requests and I understand that some have already been put forth by other members.

Congratulations on a great App. Please keep it going and improving all the time.

Default custom chords

Wow… I thought this program was supposed to be the ultimate. I’m shocked to find that you can’t add your own custom chord diagrams. Please do something about this! Please!