Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Chord Diagrams

I add my encouragement to add chord diagrams to the library, although it would need to be done such that using any of them would "define them in the song" so that they get included when sharing a song. I think this is especially important for ukulele, with just 4 strings it helps to customize fingerings a lot. Several of the most popular and great sounding inversions do not show up in standard libraries because they omit the root note, like 2020 for D7. Take a look for example at the implementation in the application "Songbook", which I use a lot.

It's such a pity and there are some additions Perhaps the next version

Quote Originally Posted by cameroonjames View Post
    It's such a pity and there are some additions Perhaps the next version
    Yes, please add 6/9#11 voicing, e.g. C6/9#11: x32232 or 87777x

Or give us the possibility to add chords

This can be quite complex to achieve. iRealPro uses different voicings for any particular chord type.
    An option to choose between closed and open voicings would be great for a particular song.
    Customized voicings is a good idea but I'm afraid it might me too complex to implement.
    However, some important chord types are still missing, and I wish those would be added in the future: minor add9 without 7th (1,b3,5,9), major b5 without 7th (1,3,b5), dominant 9 without 3rd (1,5,b7,9)

Need rootless and custom position/fingering... I.E. I want to play G7 but 6 Without change all the song library!

What do mean by "G7 but 6"?

I just bought iReal Pro and it doesn't support two BASIC functions. No chords on eighth notes and no way to add/edit chord voicings. The open position CM7 isn't even in the library! I just wanted a good charting tool. Unfortunately this product is useless to me. I wasted my money. Good news it was only $20.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGreg View Post
    I just bought iReal Pro and it doesn't support two BASIC functions. No chords on eighth notes and no way to add/edit chord voicings. The open position CM7 isn't even in the library! I just wanted a good charting tool. Unfortunately this product is useless to me. I wasted my money. Good news it was only $20.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-on-half-beats
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-and-quot-of-4

Swipe the large chord diagrams in the app for additional voicings

Welcome to the forums
    )BOB

open position CM7:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	454  
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-31-2017 at 12:52 AM.

I see this has been an issue for a long time... any word on whether they are considering adding the ability to change existing chord diagrams or to create new ones? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jshelton View Post
    I see this has been an issue for a long time... any word on whether they are considering adding the ability to change existing chord diagrams or to create new ones? Thanks!
    Some alternate voicings can be displayed. (Doesn't affect playback) As the "big" chord diagrams are flashing by during play, tap the diagram to pause, swipe left/right to see available alternate voicings. Tap to restart play.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-21-2017 at 06:44 PM.