Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Chord Diagrams

Default Custom Chord Diagrams

It's such a pity there isn't a way to add alternative fingerings to the bank of chord diagrams. Even a simple chord like D7 has only fingerings for nut, bar on fret 5, bar on fret 10, and bar on fret 12 -what about the C7 shape moved up the D root is on the A string 5th fret, the 3rd on D string 4th fret, the 7th on G string 5th and root on B string 3rd fret; it seems such an obvious fingering. But there are lots of other common fingerings for chords, surely a simple editor, either click and point or even json or xml text shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Perhaps the next version.

I use a lot of chord shapes not currently available. I came to the forum to see if there was a way. Thanks to your post I can stop looking. I wish there was a way to add them too.
    Last edited by JGood; 05-05-2015 at 10:18 PM.

there are some additions in guitar diagrams in the v6.2 update.

Default Custom Chord Diagrams

The ability to edit a chord shape and give it a name or link it to an existing name would be very useful and, having chosen chord inversions in the play window, to have those saved with the song.

I would have welcomed this functionality. for example. gypsy chords are quite incomplete. mind if i have the ability to assign a set of chord music style

Another vote for the ability to customize chord diagrams.

This goes along with the rootless chord voicing thread, so I whole heartedly agree.

Default Custom chord diagrams

I totally agree there should be some way to modify or create custom chords and diagrams. This is a great app and this feature would make it even better!

Another vote for user definable chords (and guitar fingerings).

Another huge vote for this unavoidable ability !!!

Pianists ! You are also concerned by this request !

Indeed, it's the ONLY WAY to obtain a correct accompaniment and satisfy the various requests on missing chords and missing chords inversion.
    The problem is that A PIANO, IS NOT A GUITAR, WHICH IS NOT A UKULELE.
    If you play (with app) for example, Minor Swing (with correct chords !), with accoustic guitar and Gypsy Swing style both selected, you can hear the accompaniment which would be produced by a Christmas toy !
    I don't speak about the (improvable) sound's quality but the chords positions used which are eventually adapted to a piano.
    It's the same with all songs written for guitar (or ukulele).
    Currently, the chords positions which are used by the app are unlikely for strings instruments.
    Many songs can not be correctly played with another instrument selection than the piano if the chords are not customizable.
    With editable, savable and playable customized chords, it would be the paradise !
    This is also valid for pianists because I am not convinced that all the preselected chords always suit them.
    The iReal community can then rewrite new songs adaptations for each type of instrument, if it's necessary. This is not the biggest difficulty !

However, if the app has been programmed on chords construction theory and not on chords diagrams approach, this looks like a losing battle !

Can the development team tell us if there is a hope or not ?
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited by diogene; 01-18-2016 at 04:44 AM.