Thread: All Of Me - Gerald Marks

Post All Of Me - Gerald Marks

All of me 6th edition real book style

All Of Me

"All of Me" first came to public awareness when a performance by Belle Baker was broadcast over the radio in 1931. Paul Whiteman and His Orchestra recorded the song on December 1 that year, with vocalist Mildred Bailey; this went to the top of the US pop charts. Within weeks, another two versions were in the charts, with a Louis Armstrong rendition also reaching No. 1, and Ben Selvin and His Orchestra peaking at No. 19. The song was used in the 1932 film Careless Lady. In the view of critic Ted Gioia, the definitive version was sung by Billie Holiday in 1941: "she staked a claim of ownership that no one has managed to dislodge in subsequent years". Two years later, Lynne Sherman's recording with Count Basie and His Orchestra reached No. 14 in the charts.
    Frank Sinatra recorded several versions of "All of Me". His 1948 release peaked at No. 21. He also sang it in the film Meet Danny Wilson, which may have helped Johnnie Ray's rendition up to No. 12 in the charts that year. Sinatra's use of "All of Me" brought a non-jazz audience to the song, and so too did Willie Nelson, whose version was included in his Stardust album and reached No. 3 on the Hot Country Songs chart in 1978. In 2000, "All of Me" was given the Towering Song Award by the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-25-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Default オールオブミー サド

オールオブミー - Gerald Marks

Default All Of Me (sad)

Quote Originally Posted by muratty49 View Post
    オールオブミー - Gerald Marks

Nice arrangement by muratty49.
    I used S and N to make it more readable.

All Of Me (sad) - Gerald Marks
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-19-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Default ALL OF me JPM

ALL OF ME - Simone, Marks

Post All of Me

Vocal Real Book, Volume 1 version of All of Me

All of Me - Simons and Marks

Ronin Nolan version

All Of Me -rn - Gerald Marks

)BOB

Default all of me. Marks

thank you

the Jazz 1350 song is missing minors....Am7. and Dm7

cheers, judith
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-29-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Moved to song discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by judithcc View Post
    thank you

the Jazz 1350 song is missing minors....Am7. and Dm7

cheers, judith

Sure about that?
    From Jazz 1350

All Of Me - Gerald Marks

In iReal pro, you can choose to use the "m" for minor or the hyphen "-". Once you get used to it, the hyphen takes less room. That's important as chord qualities get more complex. There's a setting for that in the app.

https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...or-symbol&l=en

Instead of merely suggesting corrections, it's best to post your edited chart. That saves everyone a lot of duplicated effort.
    We can then easily download your (edited) chart and compare both charts side by side and with the player.
    Thanks,
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-29-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Does anyone have the full version including the long scat riff that Ella does on All of Me? I think the chord progression for that is somewhat different than the first part of the song. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by KCFoore View Post
    Does anyone have the full version including the long scat riff that Ella does on All of Me? I think the chord progression for that is somewhat different than the first part of the song. Anyone know?
    Here's what I hear: she sings the standard progression (in G), then scats over it once.
    Then she continues vocalizing over the standard changes transposed up a semi-tone (Ab).
    Then scats to the IV and tags it. (She does that twice) to the “Count Basie” ending and scats over a held Ab6 ending chord.

I can see how the horn section arrangements could make you think there were more and different chords.

)BOB