Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get out of ukulele chords.

Default Can't get out of ukulele chords.

No matter what I do -- select piano chords, guitar chords, no chords, it doesn't matter. I tried out the uke chords once and now they're permanent. Rebooting my device doesn't help. Running iOS 8.4 on an iPhone 5C.
    Jack

Hi Jack
    Where are you going (within the app) to make the change?

The chord diagrams icon at the bottom right...
    or
    The settings icon top right to change the font...

and hey, didn't you ask for ukulele chords?
    Be careful what you wish for...

Maybe it's a sign that your True-Calling (TM) is the Uke...
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-14-2015 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    No matter what I do -- select piano chords, guitar chords, no chords, it doesn't matter. I tried out the uke chords once and now they're permanent. Rebooting my device doesn't help. Running iOS 8.4 on an iPhone 5C.
    Hi Jack,
    Bob is right. You must be changing the chord diagrams, not the fonts. Change the settings of the fonts to classic on the top.

Hey Jack, did you get it sorted out?
    )BOB

Yes, I was changing the chord diagrams, rather than the fonts. Now I can make it work right. Thanks.

Another question, now, though: what is the purpose of changing the chord diagrams?

The font selection (in settings, iOS top right "gear icon") affects the whole chart display.
    (Small chord diagrams vs. chord names -- in every measure, top to bottom)

The chord diagrams (icon) is essentially a feature of the player that provides large diagrams (or not) for just the measure that's playing as it plays. ...so you can display the chart with large font (classic) chord names and see large diagrams roll by just as needed measure by measure.

If you're just reading the chart, you will only see the chosen font.

Through the chord diagrams icon, iOS lower right, you can also get to the font selection screen and the chord LIBRARY where you'll find and view diagrams of additional chord voicings (these don't affect or change what the player will play)

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-17-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks, again. If I had experimented a bit first, I wouldn't have had to bug you with the questions.

Doesn't yet work for baritone uke, though. (Root names are off a fourth.) But it's not that hard to re-memorize finger positions after only 50 years. ;-]

STRIKE THAT! I just realized that if I treat my baritone uke as a transposing instrument and select F in iRP's Transposition feature, the uke chords are labeled correctly for baritone uke. (The small chords in the whole chart; not the large chord that pops up for each measure, that one doesn't transpose, but at least the chart chords are right for bari-uke. Nice!)
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 07-18-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post

if I treat my baritone uke as a transposing instrument and select F in iRP's Transposition feature, the uke chords are labeled correctly for baritone uke.
    (The small chords in the whole chart; not the large chord that pops up for each measure, that one doesn't transpose, but at least the chart chords are right for bari-uke. Nice!)
    Using global transpose is a neat trick.
    Or instead, you can look at the 1st 4 strings of the guitar chords without transposing. (And the large guitar chords match)
    )BOB

Yes, using the guitar chords works just as well, and adds the large pop-up chords. And after awhile you've memorized fingerings for all but the most exotic chords anyway.

Hey, Bob:

"Through the chord diagrams icon, iOS lower right, you can also get to the font selection screen and the chord LIBRARY where you'll find and view diagrams of additional chord voicings (these don't affect or change what the player will play)"

When you say "these don't affect or change what the player will play" - you mean the SOUND, correct? 'Cause I can't get my guitar voicing choices to show on the screen no matter what - they all keep reverting to 1st position.