Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get out of ukulele chords.

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    Hey, Bob:

"Through the chord diagrams icon, iOS lower right, you can also get to the font selection screen and the chord LIBRARY where you'll find and view diagrams of additional chord voicings (these don't affect or change what the player will play)"

When you say "these don't affect or change what the player will play" - you mean the SOUND, correct? 'Cause I can't get my guitar voicing choices to show on the screen no matter what - they all keep reverting to 1st position.
    Yes, sounds. Player chord voicings are selected by the programming and may change each time the song is loaded by the player.
    As far as I can tell, (v6.0.1) the inversions in the chord library are are for educational use. Viewing different inversions of
    chords in the library doesn't appear to change either the small chord diagrams displayed by the Font selected or the large diagrams displayed measure by measure as the player plays.
    )BOB

EDIT:
    If you turn on chord diagrams (not the chord font, but the large diagrams that roll by one measure at a time during play) While a large chord is displayed, press on it to pause play then you can swipe to select a different voicing to display.
    Tap the diagram to resume play.

Man, that's news you can use!
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-10-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Ooh, that's a drag. That's a new feature request!

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Thanks, again. If I had experimented a bit first, I wouldn't have had to bug you with the questions.

Doesn't yet work for baritone uke, though. (Root names are off a fourth.) But it's not that hard to re-memorize finger positions after only 50 years. ;-]

STRIKE THAT! I just realized that if I treat my baritone uke as a transposing instrument and select F in iRP's Transposition feature, the uke chords are labeled correctly for baritone uke. (The small chords in the whole chart; not the large chord that pops up for each measure, that one doesn't transpose, but at least the chart chords are right for bari-uke. Nice!)

Brilliant. Transposing to " F" give us the Baritone Uke Chords in the ukulele Font display.
    Thanks. Kevin
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-29-2020 at 02:07 PM.