Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Melody?

Default Melody Lines

Hi I. Only new here but do any of these libraries have melody lines?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-11-2022 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bassplayer1952 View Post
    Hi I. Only new here but do any of these libraries have melody lines?
    No

Read this thread
    )BOB

I'm fairly new to iReal Pro, and so far am suitably impressed by the brilliant software. However, I'd like to add my voice to those that have suggested a "Pro-plus" version, which would include the lyrics and melodies of the songs. For this, I'd happily pay on a per-song basis, just like the extremely successful "karaoke version".
    Although as it is, this programme is fine if you know the melody of a song well, and have memorised the lyrics, it definitely falls short if you haven't.

It would be fab to have the backing-track play along feature, with a traditional fake sheet - chord names (and chord boxes as an option?), melody and lyrics.

Just curious if there are any plans to roll out something like this in the future? Can't help thinking that if iReal Pro don't jump on it, someone else will realise the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I'm fairly new to iReal Pro, and so far am suitably impressed by the brilliant software. However, I'd like to add my voice to those that have suggested a "Pro-plus" version, which would include the lyrics and melodies of the songs. For this, I'd happily pay on a per-song basis, just like the extremely successful "karaoke version".
    Although as it is, this programme is fine if you know the melody of a song well, and have memorised the lyrics, it definitely falls short if you haven't.

It would be fab to have the backing-track play along feature, with a traditional fake sheet - chord names (and chord boxes as an option?), melody and lyrics.

Just curious if there are any plans to roll out something like this in the future? Can't help thinking that if iReal Pro don't jump on it, someone else will realise the potential.
    I am not aware of any plans to add melody, lyrics or karaoke features to iRp.
    On your iPad, you can already multitask and simultaneously display a pdf along with iRp.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...g-using-Player

)BOB

... However, I'd like to add my voice to those that have suggested a "Pro-plus" version, which would include the lyrics and melodies of the songs. For this, I'd happily pay on a per-song basis, just like the extremely successful "karaoke version"....
    Although you would be happy to pay for the copyright, it would take time for us to find all the various copyright holders of all songs here and new ones uploaded daily and set up a system for all the various payments. If not all songs here, then any songs you would want to download would have to be verified and checked for copyright content, payment before (presumably) you can have access to those songs.
    We are a small team with limited resources, we put our efforts into development into the future of the app itself, there are many features on our list for consideration. We have to be economical and efficient with our time when considering new features for each update.

Please read on ...

... It would be fab to have the backing-track play along feature, with a traditional fake sheet - chord names (and chord boxes as an option?), melody and lyrics.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...=4329#post4329
    this (old) thread outlines using iReal Pro with your PDF sheets or digital publications or lyrics. You can export the audio files of any song from iReal Pro and attach it to an appropriate (music or lyric) PDF reader app to get what you require or use split screen on tablets.
    If you have purchased the PDF publications, you have paid the copyright.

Thank you for your comments, much appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy iReal Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    No

Read this thread
    )BOB
    Do you know if there has been any thoughts about adding a track to the application, that takes a midifile (which e.g. can be a melody created by the user)

Quote Originally Posted by Efinken View Post
    Do you know if there has been any thoughts about adding a track to the application, that takes a midifile (which e.g. can be a melody created by the user)
    I have heard nothing about plans for an available “user-track” included in the app.
    )BOB