Thread: How do I get a song to play in 3/4 time or waltz style

Question How do I get a song to play in 3/4 time or waltz style

I am creating new charts on my Android Tablet which are very old - - like After the Ball, Could I Have this Dance, and also 2/4 songs some country, some ragtime, some marches and I don't have the correct style to play with those. I am partially sighted and don't know how to download these old beats.

Any song will play in 3/4.
    Simply change the time-sig to 3/4 (or whatever you want) USING THE IN-APP EDITOR.
    It's the pencil icon.
    If you edit a DUPLICATE, the original version will remain unchanged in your library.
    Your edited version will automatically have a number added to the title.
    You can instead of the number, edit the title to say <title>waltz.
    A song with standard sized bars (4 spaces each) can usually also play as a waltz without problems.

As to additional player styles...you will only have the on-board styles that are available for your app's version.
    You may have to download the newest app version to have access to all the (additional?) player-styles.
    Older devices may not be compatible with the newest app version.
    It's also possible that the style(s) you want aren't available (yet).
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-29-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Thank you so much Bob for your quick response. I used "I'm All Smiles" and entered
    my waltz. Playing in nursing homes needs many of the old type beats. So the
    DUPLICATE is very helpful. I'm getting a lot of experience using the editor and it
    is very helpful to work with other musicians who don't know the old songs. I did put 3/4 on the
    original waltz I put in, but it sounded pretty kooky - - I'll try it again on another waltz and
    see what happens.

Yes, I did wondered about the 4 spaces and the 3/4 time signature. It is much
    easier to follow the song when the lines are divided up by 4 - - especially
    a 32-bar song. Thanks again Bob!
    Marsha Summers, Daytona Beach, Fl.

Hi Marsha
    When there just two chords in a (4 space) measure using a 3/4 time-sig, you may find the player behaves differently when the chords are placed in different spaces. Experiment.

Be sure to look at this thread
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...0215#post30215
    Many tunes will be familiar and easy to experiment with in 3/4.
    )BOB