Thread: Play instantaneously.

Default Play instantaneously.

Hi,

I use iRealPro on an Android tablet.

I would like to be able to hit 'play' and have the chords start playing immediately, but at present iRealPro puts hyphens on the display for two or three seconds before starting. I guess it does this whilst it builds a midi stream or something. Is it possible to get it to play immediately? Perhaps with a pre-build button, or whatever?

Excellent product.

Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    Hi,

I use iRealPro on an Android tablet.

I would like to be able to hit 'play' and have the chords start playing immediately, but at present iRealPro puts hyphens on the display for two or three seconds before starting. I guess it does this whilst it builds a midi stream or something. Is it possible to get it to play immediately? Perhaps with a pre-build button, or whatever?

Excellent product.

Gordon.
    You are correct. IRp constructs a complete, new accompaniment track each time. Actually, that's a good thing.

You can use "pause" as your pre-build function. Select play, select pause at the end of the count-in.
    The player is now locked and loaded for an instant start the next time you select play.

If having a fresh track each time isn't important to you, record it to another device (or export the midi data)
    then instantly play it from there.
    )BOB