Thread: Tweaking on-the-fly?

Default Tweaking on-the-fly?

How good would it be to be able to tweak Tempo, Key, Repeats, Instruments and Rhythm styles on-the-fly without having to pause/restart the accompaniment? To actually have the changes take affect immediately, "live", with changes audible instantly? Also to be able to skip forward/backward to any measure at will. Would there be a groundswell of support for upgrades to the app, for a fee of course??

That's a cool suggestion but I think you'd need an entirely new interface for it ( i.e. a new app)
    and it would have to be (obviously) for a tablet ?

This new "interface" already exist in ..... arranger keyboards.
    You can buy a relatively cheap one for around 150$ (or used one on local Craiglist for around 50$) that has much much better quality / and live control than iReal Pro. I truly love iReal Pro and just bought it a few days ago as it allows me to create backing track on the go (anywhere) with my tablet, and I can play an other instrument and / or sing along with it.
    I could do the same by recording the backing track I play on arranger keyboard.
    Here are the pro and con of both:
    1) arranger keyboards: much better sound, live control,
    a) if play live, cannot play another instrument, but can sing
    b) if pre-recorded, it's hard to keep track where you are in a song (blind play / sing along)
    c) not very portable even with portable keyboards

2) iReal Pro advantages:
    a) one can see where you are in a song, hard to get out of sync
    b) extremely portable
    c) can create backing track anywhere (even in a flight, using a head phone, surrounding people will hear you humming along !!!)