Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Break-Tacet

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
    You mentioned:
    'An easy work around you can try:
    insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.'

I am not familiar with how a pedal setup works or the A-B switch? Can you direct to instructions on how these may work.
    Alot of songs have break mainly in the head so would be great to be able to have that. I have used I Real Pro publicly and it sounds good. Hence my digging deeper in how to use it for arrangements.
    Guitarists often connect their instrument to their amp(s) through a tuner pedal or an A-B device (to switch their guitar between two amps). Either could be used to momentarily interrupt the audio signal from your player to your amp.

Examples only:
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...Pedal-Tuner.gc
    https://jet.com/product/Boss-Ab-2-2-...4e2c5c02457062
    More:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/ind...e-pedal.93729/

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-25-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Default Option to make the drums rest

This would be a great addition to the software as many pop tunes do not have drums all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirbass View Post
    This would be a great addition to the software as many pop tunes do not have drums all the way through.
    Yes,indeed.

I do my own arrangements for almost all the iReal Pro charts I use, and being able to tacet the drums would be an enormous help.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Last edited by engelbach; 04-29-2016 at 12:05 AM.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Default Drums to stop

How do I get the drums to stop in a section of the song then start again?

Default Add new

There is a big request to add a feature for record of pauses and a rhythm in the program
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-03-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

It shouldn't be that difficult to implement.
    The same way there is an "END" marker, other markers could be added such as drums in, drums out, bass in, bass out, etc... Could be applied to any instruments. Just need to assign a mute/unmute function to those markers.

What actually happened to the plan, as it was once mentioned, to implement a general pause/tacet. I am still missing this, particularly for live setups when I use IRealPro as a virtual band/trio.

At the same time I would like to add that some very easy and laid back drum only fills/sounds would be helpful: Something such as the drums at the beginning of Papa Was A Rolling Stone ...

If total silence cannot be implemented for technical reasons, a rimshot only or a functionality such as the count-in where you can choose Hihat, clave et al. would be great.

I just thought I wanted to bring this up again as I believe this may be what other musicians are looking for, too.

I'm wondering about repurposing the N.C. symbol for complete silence.
    Are there many situations where one would want the drums but no chords? (Current behavior)
    Or is the overwhelming majority of cases complete silence preferred?
    This would be the simple solution.
    Adding a new marker (N.S. or Break) would offer the flexibility of having both options but would be a bigger challenge as the editor in all three versions of the app would need the new symbol in an already crowded area, and the new symbol would create backward compatibility issues if someone with an older version of the app tried to open a song with a break created in a newer version.
    Hmm...

It would be great if we could have markers to mute/unmute any instruments at any given bars in the song (dr in, dr out, bs in, bs out, keyb in keyb out,...)
    I understand that can be challenging to implement such things. But if that happen, that would be awesome!

Cyrille, that doesn't address my question and you're basically asking me to build a full DAW inside iReal Pro.
    Let's be realistic and keep to the scope of this app which is to easily make simple backing tracks for you to practice over,
    while at the same time keeping the app simple to use without a million options which would ruin the app for the majority of the users.
    If your arrangements need that much more detail you're probably better off building them in Logic.

In this thread I'm trying to figure out how to deal with drum breaks.