Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Break-Tacet

Post Break-Tacet

It would be great if we could add breaks (no chords, no rythm).

Thx,
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-24-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Break/tacet has been requested, not yet implemented.
    An easy work around you can try:
    *insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.
    )BOB
    More:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5932#post25932

Breaks would be nice.

There have been other requests for a tacet that would silence all instruments from chord chart playback; I found a thread about this topic from 2011. From my point of view, the ability to force a beat-by-beat tacet (similar to the beat-by-beat NC symbol) is the most pressing omission that needs to be implemented in iRP. I've never understood why this feature hasn't already been included in an update and hope that the developers will satisfy this request.

Agree! Pauses in music are very important.

Actually, it would be great if there were two kinds of tacets. One simply produces silence; the other would produce a rim shot on the beat with silence from the other instruments.
    Last edited by Keith88; 11-19-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Default Creating a stop or break in a song including drums.

Is there a way with I-Real Pro you can have a tune with complete stops for a bar or partial bar including drums? How would you do this when creating a song from scratch?

I mean a break of silence then drums resuming. Eg like Cannonball Adderleys 'Worksong'...??

Default Creating Stops in a Song

Is there a way with I-Real Pro you can have a tune with complete stops for a bar or partial bar including drums? How would you do this when creating a song from scratch?

I mean a break of silence then drums resuming. Eg like Cannonball Adderleys 'Worksong'...??

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...63-Break-Tacet
    )BOB

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
    You mentioned:
    'An easy work around you can try:
    insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.'

I am not familiar with how a pedal setup works or the A-B switch? Can you direct to instructions on how these may work.
    Alot of songs have break mainly in the head so would be great to be able to have that. I have used I Real Pro publicly and it sounds good. Hence my digging deeper in how to use it for arrangements.