Thread: Length of songs / playlists

Default Length of songs / playlists

I Love this app, but a feature I would like to see is the running time of a song displayed before hitting play. It would help to plan playlists. It would also be nice when editing a song to see whether or not the repeat signs / first and second ending / coda signs work the way they are intended so I don’t end up wiith a 45 second or a 12 minute tune.

Until the player track for the song is constructed (new track each time you hit play)
    the length (time) is unknown to the player.
    You can quickly learn the track length by hitting play and as soon as the count-in begins, bring up the player controls and hit pause (was the play button).
    Then read the “time remaining”. Not elegant but that’s how it works. Though it might be useful to adjust the tempo and immediately see the track length, the track hasn’t been constructed yet…
    That’s actually a “feature”. Instead of a repeating identical track, each new track varies a little each time just like real musicians at a jam session.
    )BOB

Got it, that’s how I use it now. Using it live isn’t the real issue its constructing tunes with repeats, codas, 2,3rd endings etc…
    Its the rare occurrence where it works the way I intend the first (or third) time. I’ve also found when I move or delete a repeat sign, unless I highlight and delete the measures the “old” repeat ( wherever it was placed) still happens on playback. Quite possible user error, but I can’t figure out what else might be causing it to jump back ( DS or DC) when there is no indication on the chart??
    BTW- I love this app and have been using it for years.

It's always best to discuss these issues in the context of a specific chart.
    If you post your chart and clearly describe the form you want the player to follow,
    (eg. A1,A2,B, C, A2, Coda) perhaps “new eyes” can spot what may be causing the issue(s) you are having.

The way I double-check that the form circulates as I expect is to max out the player tempo (once) and remember to reset it before I publish.
    )BOB