Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More styles for Rock/Pop/R&B

Default More styles for Rock/Pop/R&B

So I don't know if it's in the works already, but I feel like your Jazz offerings are superb. The rock/pop styles on the other hand are not so great. I would love to see better rock and pop stylings, because a lot of the music i play really isn't jazz at all. I would purchase a pack. I think the work you did on the jazz pack is pretty great, but with so many Jazz stylings offered that sound decent, I don't feel like I need new ones.

I agree. It would be nice to have something else than just aperggios playing on the verses in the pop/rock style.

Hi folks.
    I agree - that the pop rock styles are pretty limited. And more 'basic' rhythms would be good.
    I was looking for a style which, in 3/4 gives an uncluttered drum beat and straight bass and chords (with no 'clever' bass timings).
    Like:-
    Kick 2 3 Snare 2 3
    Bass Bass
    Chord Chord

It would be GREAT if we could buy a 'Styles Editor', and have some control over instruments and patterns. :-)

We are collecting your feature requests in a survey so we can determine the most requested ones.
    Cast your vote in the iReal Pro Feature requests survey

Thank you for your feedback!

In the request survey, what exactly is the difference between "export a whole playlist as pdf book" and "export setlist as pdf"?

"export a whole playlist as pdf book": export every song in the playlist as a PDF instead of exporting them one by one
    and "export setlist as pdf": export the list of songs in the playlist

Ok, I understand now.
    But I don't see the need of adding a feature for exporting a list of songs in a playlist. This can already be done by exporting a html file that can easily be converted to a PDF file.
    But exporting a whole playlist as a PDF book, is something that is definitely needed!
    Last edited by CyrilleB; 10-29-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Default Hard rock guitar

How about metal and hard rock styles and overdrive guitar

Default Rock Styles

I just bought the Blues styles, a great addition to iReal.

If you made Rock styles I'd be very keen to buy
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-26-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Default Improvements for Rock

Hello,

ireal pro is great.

One point, is that the app is more centered towards jazz (then secondly to classical and blues). It would be nice to have more rock songs from creedence, stones, black sabbath, etc, and even the existing ones like beatles and pink floyd songs to sound better... Do you plan a new rock-hard rock pack (similar to the blues pack, with more rock+hard rock rhymhs)? Usually rock songs, for instance the beatles and pink floyd, don't sound as good though irealpro as the jazz and blues tunes.

I have been thinking about this. I think for rock it would be interesting to read guitarpro files. Guitar pro is the standard for tab notation in rock, and there are many very high quality gp tracks for rock.

For instance when practicing a song like Creedence’ i put spell on you, i use tabtoolkit. I can keep the bass, drums, rhythm guitar, and switch off the solo guitar. But the visualization engine rolls over the tabs of the instruments, not the chords. It’s difficult to visualize the song real time on tabtoolkit or other gp players. The advantage of ireal pro, however, is the high level view of the chord structure of the song, or part of the song. I feel more connected to the song. The notes I’m playing should be connected to the current chord, I can see and anticipate the next chord. This high-level view in ireal is nicer than the zoom-in view of tabtoolkit/guitarpro. And having the chord on the screen is like a safety net. Its really a good way for me to practice.

So, combining the sounds of a guitar pro tab, with the chord chart view of ireal pro, would be really really nice... just an idea, i dont know whether possible, or in the interest of the team...

I guess deriving the chords and the bard from guitar-pro would be possible for a large number of tracks without any manual operation. On top, maybe many will need to be adapted tweeked, but certainly better than starting from scratch.

Thanks
    yellow
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-27-2020 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread