Thread: Search box for playlists

Default Search box for playlists

I have long set lists and some songs are sorted in a particular order. To locate a song in a set list is not easy. A search box would be welcome.

I often find myself wanting to search a playlist too, especially when on the stand and the time to get the next song up is critical.

I organize playlists according to what Piano player I'm with or what Singer I'm backing. The playlists can get lengthy, and scrolling means lots of swiping.

Also, I append the Piano players initials to titles of charts where they've got their own arrangement, and I would like to search the playlist for just those charts.

In both these cases, I could do the search in the "Songs" view, but then I have to get myself back to the right playlist later.

Thanks....Lyle

Keyword search within a playlist is in the iOS app.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    The iOS version (at least the older version on my iPod) also has a vertical column on the right with "# A B C..." etc. when in "Song" or "Composer" mode. It would be very helpful to include this feature within the Playlists too - much much faster than pulling up a search box and typing. I would also request this for the Android version.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    )BOB
    What a stupid! Of course, right in front of me.

I guess I was thinking that I used to also long for the alphabetical keys down the right-side of the playlist.

Thanks...Lyle

But please, add this feature on Android too!

Throwing in my voice for search within playlists for Android