Thread: Chords on upbeats and anticipations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Chords on upbeats PLEASE

I love this app. I use it extensively both for my private teaching and for myself to practice with, and I regularly recommend it to my jazz improv students. More than anything else the one feature that's missing that I really need is the ability to put chords on upbeats. As a teacher it would really help to have this feature so I can write out and listen to jazz standards with syncopated chords correctly (for instance Stolen Moments by Oliver Nelson). I did read about the clever hack one user discovered by creating a 3/4 bar and adding an extra space followed by a 5/4 bar, and it does work but only for very limited use. A fully functional chord syncopation feature is really needed and I daresay overdue. You have done great work by creating this much-needed app, and by the way I really like the blues styles you added and I am using them quite a bit. Thank you for your consideration.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-05-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zacworld View Post
    I love this app. I use it extensively both for my private teaching and for myself to practice with, and I regularly recommend it to my jazz improv students. More than anything else the one feature that's missing that I really need is the ability to put chords on upbeats. As a teacher it would really help to have this feature so I can write out and listen to jazz standards with syncopated chords correctly (for instance Stolen Moments by Oliver Nelson). I did read about the clever hack one user discovered by creating a 3/4 bar and adding an extra space followed by a 5/4 bar, and it does work but only for very limited use. A fully functional chord syncopation feature is really needed and I daresay overdue. You have done great work by creating this much-needed app, and by the way I really like the blues styles you added and I am using them quite a bit. Thank you for your consideration.
    I agree with requesting Chords on upbeats and finer resolution for chord Placement for Syncopation and more complex harmonic Rhythms.

I requested this on the ' Request Survey ' with a possible workaround for Programmers which
    could be the USER using a Double Time Tempo and placing the Chords in Half Time and some way to AUTOMATICALLY cause the Drums
    and Basslines to PLAY in HALF TIME .
    This MAY prevent the Software Engineers from Having to re-write a lot of Code and make it easier to get this Function.

8/8 or 8/16 Time Signature is another way as said.

A third way without much interference with existing use would be an 'exception ' where a
    False Barline goes right through the Chord ( I have done this but it has no effect but sometimes it seems to ).

Placing the 'false barline ' through the chord symbol could cause it to play on the 8th note in other words.

A paid added feature with finer and snycopated resolution would be Great IMO.