Thread: Exclusive area for finding Method books

Default Exclusive area for finding Method books

It took me quite a while to find out that there weren’t any exercises for Ray Brown’s method book. Eventually I saw there was a Hal Leonard guitar book and various excerpts from books. It would be nice if these could all be found together in one place.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Thanks for your suggestion.

Try searching the keyword: Book

In addition to everything “real book” and “I could write a book” etc, all the instructional books along with where they can be obtained will be in Google Forum Search Results.

I just searched Ray Brown Book.
    Above the forum listings I saw, a Google result for Hal Leonard Ray Brown's Bass Method Book.

I searched Hal Leonard Bass,
    The first forum result was, Hal Leonard Bass Method, Books

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...s-Method-Books

That's what's been posted.

If you transcribe any charts from a Ray Brown book please share them with us.

)BOB

Thanks Bob…
    I literally searched all sorts of different ways including Google including “method book” “Ray Brown methods book” “Bass Method “ many others …
    You really actually make a good point to stick method books into a separate area . They shouldn’t be mixed in with random exercises And in different style areas.I was looking under jazz so the ones you pointed out were under Rock .… Again another reason for them to all be in a separate place.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Often a member will transcribe and post a single exercise they attribute to a method book.

I'll retitle their post with the book's title (if I can find it) to give others a place to add more as well as add where the book can be found if I can locate a link in case folks might want to obtain the resource.

If there was a “method book” thread, as others added more exercises for a book, they'd be mixed chronologically in with all the other random “book” exercises making it impossible to find anything (much like the Gypsy Jazz thread)
    Try to find the Django Fakebook playlist….it’s posted there.
    (Cleaning that up is on my to-do list)

That's why each method book or series is posted in its own titled thread.
    Same reason we went to individual song threads. Searching is much improved.

)BOB