Thread: Extended endings

Default Extended endings

How can you create more than 3 endings in a repeat section? The button for endings shows up to 3. and then a blank one, but I can't see any way to fill it in with additional numbers (4. , 5., etc.)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-27-2015 at 09:48 PM.

You can add additional numbers or words to the blank ending header using the text feature.
    Use the up/down arrows to adjust vertical placement.
    This is useful for charts intended to be read by the performer.
    I don't think the added information is understood by the player feature.
    )BOB

It works with the Player in a simple form currently (but not sure what will happen with complicated forms like a To Coda in the 4th ending, or Fine in the 5th ... etc.)

Repeats - Unknown Composer

Yeh - it works fine now. What we use it for is counting solos. It is hard to keep track of how many solos have gone by before going back to the head, and then a coda to an out chorus - too busy concentrating on the solo itself. In the solo section, I close the last measure(s) with a repeat and an ending number (1,2,3, etc). On the last ending put a double bar. We can see what solo # we are on by watching it advance thru the endings and when we hit the next to last one, we get ready to loop back on the final one. Strange way to do it - but it works !! Don't know if there is a limit (i.e. max ending #) but so far have gone up to 8 with no problem.

Thanks for replying. Good you have something working. The closing repeats should look for the opening one to return to each time so I'm almost not surprised you got to 8 but I had not tested this ever

You probably know the chorus counter (top right) works with the Repeats setting for a song?

In this example, it will show 'Final' at the last chorus and exits to the coda as Outro (which might be the head to end).
    Solos - Unknown Composer

The repeats counter will not work in some cases and that is why we went this route. Some of our arrangements have solo sections within the whole score but we do not want to repeat the whol score, which is what the standard counter counts. While we are soloing each guy wants to see how many times he has played (e.g. 1-3) and then the next soloist takes over (e.g. 4-6) etc. When all are done, we loop back to the head etc. It saves a lot of writing, especially since we have that global limit on the total # of measures.

Thanks for the explanation, it gives us information on how it's used.