Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Better sounds for iReal

Quote Originally Posted by Maraalvarez View Post
    Me interesa saber como mejorar el sonido
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraalvarez View Post
    Hay alguna posibilidad de conseguir sonidos reales?
    Hey Mara,
    Please search the forums BEFORE you start new threads.
    )BOB

The midi synth in the app uses sf2 soundfonts and the one currently in the app is one I have build sample by sample myself.
    I've been looking at professional studio-quality commercial soundfonts but it seems really hard.
    Currently looking for Jazz Drums. The only sites I can find look like they were made in the 90s and it feels very sketchy making a purchase and entering your credit card info.

So far I've found two sites:
    https://www.soundfontdownloads.com/p.../jazz-drum-kit
    which sounds ok but it's only brushes and the two rides are meh.

https://store.payloadz.com/details/8...fonts-sf2.html
    which took my money but I never got a download link.

Every googling session for soundfonts just returns scammy results or amateurish
    Does anyone have suggestion for where I can purchase professional sounding jazz drum sf2 soundfonts?

I've also noticed that good sounding ride cymbals are hard to find. I do have a few sf2 drums files, but I'm not sure if they are better than the ones you already have. However, I got very good latin percussion sf2, if you ever need

IMHO a much better solution would be to implement iReal as an audio unit extension or an AUHost. Then other extensions like DrumPerfect Pro or Jazz Drummer could be used for an advanced sound...

I've listened to some demo from drumsperfect pro. Sorry to say this, but it doesn't sound any better than some sf2. However, the idea of implementing Ableton link could be very useful

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    I've listened to some demo from drumsperfect pro. Sorry to say this, but it doesn't sound any better than some sf2. However, the idea of implementing Ableton link could be very useful
    I am by no means an expert of drum sounds and I am more interested in the rhythmic aspect, the drum feel, the "humanising factor" etc.. That's what I like on DrumPerfect and other solutions.

WDYT about the sound of DrumGenius? The creator says he has done it with EZDrummer.

I don't understand what you mean with "Ableton Link" which is for syncing beats only (IIRC). When implementing Audio Unit Extensions you get that sync thing for free and much more like MIDI and audio routing, effects, parameter saving etc.. I have startet using AUM recently and really like what you can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa View Post
    IMHO a much better solution would be to implement iReal as an audio unit extension or an AUHost. Then other extensions like DrumPerfect Pro or Jazz Drummer could be used for an advanced sound...
    That's beyond the scope of this app and would only solve the problem for power users willing to pay for other apps and willing to fiddle with using multiple apps at the same time.

I have found some better individual samples and I am working on building a new soundfont from scratch.I will work with a professional drummer playing these sounds though a midi drum set which should produce really good "human" and "organic" sounding grooves.

Sounds promising!

I agree in full. The sound is the most important thing to tune.