Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Better sounds for iReal

Default Pro sounding version of IRealPro?

Sounds ironic, doesn't it? Is there any movement toward a version that has higher quality instrumentation samples and dynamics, etc. I create my own backing tracks as a jazz player. I do use Session Band a lot and my other studio software. This would be a great time saver being able put together pro sounding tracks quickly for last minute gigs etc.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-07-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Default Plugin substitution

Just wondering if it would be easier to create a way to substitute the IOS Sampletank plugin in place of the standard instruments instead making new samples.

rather than better sounds in the sound engine - just add the option to send the MIDI for each track to any other synth type apps such as bismark - bs-16i, Sampletank , Gadget or using CoreMIDI, IAA etc.

Would be nice yes.
    I used BIAB years ago when it pretty much sounded the same as iReal. But a couple of weeks ago I heard it with their real tracks addition and was blown away. I'm probably going to get it soon. You don't have to buy the most expensive version, you get the basic one and add packs as needed. That puts the cost for me at around $150 and I'm willing to pay that for a sound that's that good.
    You could easily tell someone it's the actual band performance and without knowing I doubt anybody would recognize that it's computer generated.
    I play mainly Gypsy Jazz and the way the bass and rhythm guitar sound is very convincing. The bass in iReal is good enough, no complaints but the guitar sucks. I use vibes and that sounds fine so I'm OK with it. But I definitely would be willing to buy packs similar to what BIAB does if offered. But then I don't know if a mobile device has enough horse power to process something similar as real tracks either.

I agree. The guitar sound and feel is not convincing in Gypsy style

Anyone noticed the qualiry of the sound changed recently? Its bad? I use a Bose link mini, used to be great with stron base and now it sounds like a thin can! I don't have that problem when i listen to music... thanks!🤗

My own feeling is that the jazz bass sound is too boomy and lacks articulation. Upright bass players that I've worked with play with more bite and definition ... so that you can catch the actual beats rather than just hearing the pitches changing. (Unless they're playing the crappiest possible Kay plywood bass LOL). What I would consider ideal would be to have several bass sounds (and other sounds) like you would in an Alesis drum machine (for example). I think the ride symbol is too clangy also. I realize this is picky ... I love this app and, wow, the price sure is right.

By the way some have suggested a Bluetooth speaker to improve sound output -- fine but there is often a delay, so what you see on your screen is ahead of what you get in your audio.

Great suggestion.

Me interesa saber como mejorar el sonido

Default Sonido

Hay alguna posibilidad de conseguir sonidos reales?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-09-2018 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread