Thread: Better sounds for iReal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For what it's worth...I use irp for my solo gigs and it's great. Amazing in fact. Thanks to the developers for creating an affordable and overall excellent app. It's helped my playing quite a bit.

Bluetooth is a good way to go. I use a Bose Soundlink III along side my piano every day for iRP; plenty of volume in a large room. For gigs, I use a Logitech Bluetooth receiver and a pair of Roland CM-30 monitors, one close to the piano (so I can hear my accompaniment) and one further away, closer to the audience.

As for BIAB: I've looked at this package from afar for years. It's not for me, despite it's many capabilities. I need a bass player and a drummer to play along with in jazz or jazz-pop-latin styles. I don't need a whole band, or synthesized solos by various instruments, or rock, country, folk, world, etc styles. I would love some of BIAB's capabilities to be incorporated into iRP (including things like ritardando, tacets and cuts, more combination styles, more control over the bass player's rhythm, more choices on percussion sounds) but would rather spend time on my piano playing than on creating sophisticated arrangements. I also don't want to pay for features I don't need. Finally, I need something that runs on my iPad (although now that there are Windows tablets, this is less important) which sits on my piano's music stand. For now, iRP does fine for me.
    Last edited by Keith88; 09-04-2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Comments on BIAB