Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Better sounds for iReal

You can put your song into GarageBand as a midifile and than you have more options to chances the sound of the instruments
    There is information on YouTube for example Dan Baker, or Pete Jones

Default Lightweight Jazz Drums

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    The midi synth in the app uses sf2 soundfonts and the one currently in the app is one I have build sample by sample myself.
    I've been looking at professional studio-quality commercial soundfonts but it seems really hard.
    Every googling session for soundfonts just returns scammy results or amateurish
    Does anyone have suggestion for where I can purchase professional sounding jazz drum sf2 soundfonts?
    Hopefully, this won't be considered raising-a-dead-thread, but this thread at vi-control mentions a few options. DSmolken at Karoryfer samples appears professional, and if nothing else his descriptions of the swirls of his drum and how he samples things are very informative (he has swirly, unruly, and rusty drums on his site). Virtuosity drums is free, and Muletone is cheap.

Would really like to hear brushed strokes from iReal Pro.

Default how to make ireal pro sound better

hi,
    just bought ireal pro recently. really love it. but i quickly tired of the generic midi sounds.

i've found i can make it sound infinitely better by using an app that lets you route audio thru plugins, to add some color and dynamics to the sound.
    i'm using soundsource, but any 'au plugin host' app should work.

i wanted to post an audio example but i spent an hour messing with screen recorders and i'm over it
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-21-2023 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Moved to existing existing discussion thread, duplicate post deleted

IReal, pro has a huge amount of sounds some better than others. But what I would really like to see is better acoustic guitar rhythms, and perhaps a separate drum machine app.? I often just use the two and four click with sounds turned off as a metronome on, but it would be nice to have a few basic Latin rhythm sounds available
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc