Thread: Playback doesn't start on selected measure after update

Default Playback doesn't start on selected measure after update

Hi,

Since i updated to 6.1, playback is a little wonky. I'll select a measure to start from and it starts about 8 or 16 bars earlier. Makes checking an arrangement a little tedious.

Thanks for any insight.

Does this occur always, and from any measure? I know that often, when I click on the first bar of a Coda section, the player will start from the preceding bar. Once I did notice it started several measures before that, but this hasn't happened again. (Note: When posting a tech question, it's always helpful to tell the developers which Mac & OS version you're working from, and maybe upload a song file so they can look at the code.)
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by MissCast View Post
    ...I'll select a measure to start from and it starts about 8 or 16 bars earlier...
    are you in the song Editor?

Dale, yes, sorry. I'm on a macbook air running 10.7.

Dflat - interesting. I just closed the editor and tried it and it started on the right measure. Never needed to close the editor before this update so I guess I'll just need to do that from now on. Thanks!

ETA - Always starts on m 1 when I select that. Just happens in the middle of the chart.
    Last edited by MissCast; 04-21-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks for your information, we will have a look into this and hopefully fix it in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    I know that often, when I click on the first bar of a Coda section, the player will start from the preceding bar. Once I did notice it started several measures before that, but this hasn't happened again.
    I think I have seen this but I cannot remember when, so it might have been fixed, but if you see it again, let us know. Thanks DaleMac.

Well I guess I haven't generated much new work since the last update. Just checked again and the bug IS in the edit mode - never starts playing on the measure you click. [iRB Version 6.1 (8200); iMac OSX 10.7.5] Since you can't close the Editor until you save, this does indeed make previewing quite tedious. Thanks for bringing this to our attention MissCast.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain. Thanks for taking the time to look into it, DaleMac ;-)