Thread: Export wav distorted

Default Export wav distorted

Hi all,

I'm trying to export a wav file from iRp, to import into Audacity. Export appears to work alright, but when I import it, though I can hear it, there is massive distortion. I re-exported at lower volume, and the import played at lower volume, but still with major distortion, like rapidly pumping amplitude changes. Any hints on how to get a clean audio track out of iRealPro? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by markschecter View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to export a wav file from iRp, to import into Audacity. Export appears to work alright, but when I import it, though I can hear it, there is massive distortion. I re-exported at lower volume, and the import played at lower volume, but still with major distortion, like rapidly pumping amplitude changes. Any hints on how to get a clean audio track out of iRealPro? Thanks.
    I've had the same situation bringing other files into Audacity. I cannot remember how I solved it, but it has more to do with Audacity than with IRp

You should be able to drag the file into iTunes, GarageBand or QuickTime player and play it to check if it has distortion itself.

Thanks. I have determined that the problem is not with iRp. It seems to be between Audacity and MBox, some kind of feedback loop.

Thanks for letting us know it is not iReal Pro because otherwise we would have to investigate this.
    I hope you get it sorted.

I had the same problem, but it wasn't in the WAV file itself. If iReal was open at the same time as Audacity there was distortion. Closing iReal solved the problem.

Cheers,
    Jer