I've got a Greek tune in 7/8 time I am trying to chart out. When I choose that time signature, and a style that works in 7/8, the pattern of the beats for the 7 beat measure when it plays is 2-2-3. That's how the metronome does the count-in also.

While this is a common way to play a 7 (in Turkey, for example), it is not the only way to do a 7/8 beat. The other common way, and how this Greek tune is played is as 3-2-2. Subtle, but very different rhythm! I am however struggling with finding a way to chart and play this 3-2-2 rhythm in iReal Pro, and have it sound anywhere reasonable, as far as where the emphasis is on the beats.

In a similar vein, for the 9/8 rhythm, the pattern of the beats as it plays is 3-3-3. Like an Irish slip jig. But a Turkish 9/8 (for example) would play it as 2-2-2-3, a very particular rhythm call Karsilama.

And then there's 10/8...3-2-2-3... I'll stop there!

Much of the music of Greece, the Balkans, Turkey, and the Middle East and Persia relys commonly on odd-meter rhythms and it would be awesome if iReal Pro supported that.

Suggestions would be appreciated! If it is even possible to do this in iReal Pro... If not I'll put this in the suggestion box.