Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic/Irish Style please

Question Celtic/Irish Style please

First off I have to say how much I am enjoying this software package. I have only been using it for a day but already we are great pals!

I notice a couple of posts showing interest for creating a separate Celtic/Irish style. I think that this is a great idea. Do you think that there is any hope of getting this created? And if there is what are the likely timescales.

It would need to be done properly with the correct emphasis on the "beats" and use of the standard modes. You wouldn't need much more than a subtle strummed guitar - or bouzouki. Should be fairly straight-forward - easy for me to say. In the style of Dennis Cahill (Martin Hayes) would be fantastic!

Anyone else interested in having a Celtic style added? Fingers crossed.

Keep the music strong! Rob
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-29-2015 at 02:23 PM.

A Celtic style isn't available yet.
    In the meantime, did you see this?:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...9218#post29218
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    A Celtic style isn't available yet.
    In the meantime, did you see this?:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...9218#post29218
    )BOB
    Thanks Bob - things are just getting better and better. A response within the hour! I am getting to like this package more and more!

I saw that thread and yes I am sure that it is possible to "fudge" something - but it would be so much better to have a dedicated Celtic style. Irish accompaniment is quite unique. Do you know whether there are any plans to deliver something? And if it is in the pipeline any idea when it is likely to be released? Sorry to be persistent...........

KTMS ........... Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Twoleftpheeet View Post
    Do you know whether there are any plans to deliver something? And if it is in the pipeline any idea when it is likely to be released?
    Plans for the next update are still being developed, although I would think it is unlikely. We have requests for various styles to be added. The process to create each style is very time consuming.

Been hoping for this for quite some time. I would think the potential user base across Europe and North America would be enough incentive. A lot of people are rererediscovering folk music with popularity of bands that use acoustic instruments, and it all inevitably leads to fiddle tunes, and the Scot/Irish styles are the holy grail of fiddle tunes. Irealb is dropping the ball in this regard. There's a huge vacuum here that will be filled by something else eventually if they don't get after it.

Any chance of an ETA for this highly anticipated update?

With St Patrick's Day just a few weeks away, I'd like to add my support for the inclusion of a Celtic back-up feature.

IRealPro is a great practice aid - but the inclusion of simple guitar back-up for reels, jigs, slip jigs, hornpipes and polkas would be a great addition. The jig workaround is helpful - but it is just a workaround.

I also think a straightforward guitar back-up (sans banjo) would be attractive to bluegrass and Old Time players.

BTW, if there's a small spike in subscriptions from the North of England, that's me recommending the programme to my friends!

Thanks for all your efforts and sharing.

I literally registered for the forums so I could make this request. Anything I try to play with on this app sounds... well, silly when doing it with folk/celtic/irish music. And while they added modal options, they don't work right. They go all funky with the key signiture.
    Add in a tin/penny whistle and a bodhrán and it would be a done deal. As it is now, all I can really use is the nylon guitar and I have to silence the drums because they sound ridiculous with my harp.

Thought I might resurrect this rather old thread asking for a Celtic/Irish style. I had iRealPro recommended to me as a easy and effective way to get a backing track for folk/Irish music - but it is sadly lacking in a sound that's appropriate.
    I'vce looked at the workarounds, and they seem to be just that, workarounds. IrealPro is undoubtably fantastic for Jazz - check the facebook page for where the real interest lies.
    The process to create each style is very time consuming.
    - well yes - but this quote was 2.5 years ago so it must be really hard!
    And as said above, the market of this style must be pretty big - so why the resistance to produce something that works, rather than a kludge.

Yes, please add Celtic/Irish style to iReal Pro. Thanks, Sam