Thread: Tempo Adjust using minus key bug

Default Tempo Adjust using minus key bug

When I try to adjust the tempo using the minus key (two over from the delete key on the macbook air keyboard) it slows the tempo by 1bpm while simultaneously moving to a different song in the main list, playlist or search result. The plus/equal sign key works as expected. It seems to go to 7 songs out of my 2208 songs alphabetically and then start over from the top (it loops around the alphabet) and then continues to the same songs again, once for each press of the minus key.

Weird, huh?

Version 6.1 (8200)
    Mac OS X 10.10.2
    MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
    2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
    Last edited by Biver; 04-02-2015 at 07:23 PM.

I've just tested it and it works fine. Do you have any other apps open? Does it happen every time when you open it?
    Have you tried to restart your app?

Not for me. I closed down everything and yes it happens every time I open it and I've rebooted.

I've run with this same setup through all the version of iRealB(Pro) with very little change to the apps that are running otherwise. I feel like this started with the last update. I would have noticed this, I use the minus key all the time and this makes it unusable.

Should I try to run it in Safe Mode? Would that tell you anything. I already tried logging out and holding shift after login/password to cancel all startup apps. Same.
    Last edited by Biver; 04-04-2015 at 06:43 AM.

FYI this is a brand new machine and a brand new install.

I figured it out and it's definitely a bug, well a conflict of functions.

A hyphen or minus sign appeared as the only character in the Composer field of 5 or 6 tunes. So it was simultaneously searching for the next - and lowering the tempo by one on whatever song it landed on. Once I removed all the - from the song list everything worked as expected. I tested it and the bug also appears if there is a - at the beginning of the Title field.

You are right. I didn't have any song with hyphen in the Composer field so I couldn't replicate it.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. We will fix it.