Thread: Feedback on the first time posting for a new user

Default Feedback on the first time posting for a new user

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologize to the moderators for posting the same thing twice. After posting the first one, a message came up on my screen, but was gone before I could finish reading it. I then couldn't find my message anywhere, so I figured something had gone wrong and tried again. This time I was nearly able to finish reading the message before it disappeared and I now understand that the message needs to be approved before it will be visible.

Please delete one of them, or if they both get approved I will delete one once I can see them.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions:

1. When posting, (at least if it's your first post), require the user to click an "I understand" link to continue, rather than automatically redirecting.

2. Allow a user to see their own unapproved messages, perhaps as a "Pending Approval" section on the "My Activity" page.

Thanks!

No worries, we delete lots of duplicate post attempts.

The internal processes of our fourms are defined by the software company whose system we use so we are users just like you.

I don’t think that your suggestions are available choices within our system.
    That said, it’s worth looking into.

I attempted to address your concerns with a “sticky thread” in Using The Forums.

Where’s My Post?
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...here-s-my-post

Thanks for sharing your ideas
    )BOB