Thread: How to change the size of bars of a whole chord sequence?

Default How to change the size of bars of a whole chord sequence?

Hello iRealPro users,

I would like to write chord sequences and text together. Because there is limited space I want to chance a chord sequence of e.g. 32 bars to 96 bars automatically to have enough space for the text between for example the sequence of chorusses 1, 2, 3, ..... with different rythmic characteristics which I want to describe in the text between. I want to print then the result for other band members.

I've tried the following: 1. Copy the chord sequence of for example 32 bars 2. Open a new file with 92 bars, where the bar size is narrow. 3. Paste into 2. This works, but the space of 1. does not change to the narrower space of 2. automatically. So it would be very clumsy to change all spaces of the copied chord sequence manually. Of course, the original file will not be changed because it is needed for exercises.

Is there any way to do it more simpel?

Regards,
    grinsor

There is no automatic shortcut to reduce the size of all the measures on an existing single page iRp chart.

To retain the original chart, be sure to edit a "duplicate".
    You could use your copy/paste method to make half of the chart into a new "page 2” chart.
    Then add empty systems (lines) in which you could add text.

The iRp player will only play a single page, then must reload to play page 2.

To compact a chart with 4-space measures into a 2-space per measure format requires deleting the "extra" spaces one by one.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-30-2015 at 11:31 AM.