Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sync sync and sync

Quote Originally Posted by Buco View Post
    Android users don't care about across device sync?
    Android users are that much different than Apple users?
    That's just nuts. It's really, really hard to believe.
    You have 100000 downloads on the play store and 4100 reviews and you think these people don't care about the content of their playlists being the same on every device regardless of where the change was made?!?
    I missed this survey but I'm not on Facebook anyway so it wouldn't be possible for me to participate either way.
    I'm not that much on these forums either.
    I use the app close to every single day of the year.
    I've been wondering pretty much since I got the app how come the app doesn't reflect the changes made to playlists across devices.
    I figured it's coming and would check every now and then only to see people asking about it in the forums.
    You don't have a one single person in one single thread dealing with this feature that said "guys why do need that, it's just not that big of a deal?". Not a single one that I could see.
    Now you've made this survey that doesn't even make sense the way questions are formulated and you say "oh well, there just isn't enough interest...".
    How about the question "I'm on Android and I want sync".
    However it is that you define "sync" as there seem to be many interpretations of similar but different enough scenarios.
    But they all kinda boil down to the same issue: the way it is now, when it comes to sync the app is good for a single device only without a user's input tinkering with changes across devices.
    All I can see is it takes work that the iReal team is just not willing to put in and that's disappointing.
    You can make a backup of your songs and transfer it to your other devices in 1 file. You're right, it's not sync but we've been working on sync for over a year and it's more complicated than it seems - mostly between different platforms.
    We sent out a newsletter about it this year. Check it out here: http://eepurl.com/cwMYl5

We have a feature request survey and you can cast your vote to the Android sync here: https://goo.gl/forms/eRR0xH8HBCRMOwl32

We are a small company, put a lot of work into development and the updates have been free of charge in the past years.
    I'm sorry for your disappointment and please free to contact us directly for a refund.

As an Android user, syncing across devices would be a nice feature, but for me, there are more important priorities (such as exporting playlists to PDF, adding missing chord symbols, improving styles, voicings, adding rhythm notation, fixing repeat/coda issues, moving songs quicky in playlists, etc...).
    About syncing, it takes less than a minute to transfer a full backup of 3000 songs to another device. I can live with that.

Cyrille, I agree that adding syncing as a feature ought not be a priority. I use iOS devices, and find transferring playlists and individual songs to be quick and easy tasks using email. I'm more interested in enhancements to playback (including ritardando, tacets and cuts, more combination styles, more control over the bass and chord player's rhythm, more choices on percussion sounds). However, it does appear that sync is important to some of us, if not to you and me.

I just stated my opinion. Yes, everyone has different priorities. I guess this is why there's a survey.
    Like you said there are so many things that could be improved in this app or new features added. However, most of us, users don't know about how difficult it might be to fix or implement those things.
    All we can do is suggest ideas in this forum or report any issues and let the developers try their best to satisfy users.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You can make a backup of your songs and transfer it to your other devices in 1 file. You're right, it's not sync but we've been working on sync for over a year and it's more complicated than it seems - mostly between different platforms.
    We sent out a newsletter about it this year. Check it out here: http://eepurl.com/cwMYl5

We have a feature request survey and you can cast your vote to the Android sync here: https://goo.gl/forms/eRR0xH8HBCRMOwl32

We are a small company, put a lot of work into development and the updates have been free of charge in the past years.
    I'm sorry for your disappointment and please free to contact us directly for a refund.
    I read the announcement and it sounds like this development is only planned for iOS.
    I also filled the feature request survey immediately yesterday.
    Those survey choices seemed weird and I vented a little bit. I don't mean to undermine your guys work and I'm sorry it sounded that way. It's just that no sync seems so yesterday.
    I know myself, even if it's as easy as sending and importing a file from one device to another I know I'm not going to keep up with it. This is my play store review from some time ago:

"Without a doubt I can say that having a convenience that iReal app provides is the single most effective element that took my guitar practice and consequently my playing to a whole another level. When I needed a support it was almost instant response. Edit: still rocks, the one thing that I wish it could do is to sync across devices."

Love you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Buco View Post
    I read the announcement and it sounds like this development is only planned for iOS.
    I also filled the feature request survey immediately yesterday.
    Those survey choices seemed weird and I vented a little bit. I don't mean to undermine your guys work and I'm sorry it sounded that way. It's just that no sync seems so yesterday.
    I know myself, even if it's as easy as sending and importing a file from one device to another I know I'm not going to keep up with it. This is my play store review from some time ago:

"Without a doubt I can say that having a convenience that iReal app provides is the single most effective element that took my guitar practice and consequently my playing to a whole another level. When I needed a support it was almost instant response. Edit: still rocks, the one thing that I wish it could do is to sync across devices."

Love you guys
    Thank you Buco

sync playlists between devices of band members, like a shared calendar...
    add or change song on the main device and when connected changed get pushed or need to be refreshed/imported. that would be awesome!

This might be a stupid question, but couldn't you just make the internal app files (tracks and playlists) visible to other apps? Then I could just use any sync app to handle the synchronization.

Default Synchronise two or more phones/tablets (android)

It would be handy and convenient if my android phone updated automatically when I make changes on my tablet.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-29-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Default Features: account sync, sub category

1.I would like this feature:
    It will be good if it was possible to create an acount and save our song
    When open the app in iphone, tab, android, other phone (in my case i have many device with ireal pro)
    Everything is synchronized

2. I wanted sub category song
    For example
    The music: x
    is on my personal playlist A and in my rock playlist also
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-11-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread