Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sync sync and sync

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Bluetooth won't pair my keyboard with more than one iPad at the same time. I don't know if this is true for all Bluetooth devices (for instance, actual AirTurn controllers)
    Yes. It is inherent to the bluetooth protocol.

Thanks, I suspected as much.
    )BOB

There is an app that syncs music and does what you want I think? I wish I could remember what it was called?
    The demo had an ensemble with conductor all synced up together. I think it was a subscription based app and not that cheap.

It may be unrealistic to expect that from this app.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

A big +1 on this. (+10 if I can get away with it

To be clear, since there seem to be different interpretations in this thread about what this means, I am talking about the ability to have "cloud-based" playlists, such that edits to the playlist (song additions, corrections to songs, etc.) are automatically propagated to that playlist on all other user devices. "Cloud-based playlists" should also be shareable with other band members (similar to the list sharing facility in apps like Wunderlist.)

Currently, as noted elsewhere, this requires distributing each change to all devices, adding the revised playlist, and then cleaning up the duplications. Pretty tedious.

Thanks

We are working on sync for iReal Pro and based on the survey our users filled out, here are the results:
    Survey results

Bonus points if it can work with private clouds like ownCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Senoja View Post
    Sync, sync!!! This is a fantastic program, and syncing is the top feature that the program doesn't contain. I like to edit and write tunes on my laptop, my desktop, and be able to show them on my iPhone or on my iPad. I can't keep up with what I have on each platform, and when necessary, I have to email the playlist, then I end up duplicating things that I might already have had there. Argghh! Please add syncing soon.
    I have all these issues too. I'm not sure what Sync means It sounded like some folks want to share songs and playlists with other people. That's what email is for.
    Some folks sound like they somehow want devices to sync/slave off a master device
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Default Sync accross all devices

I have iReal Pro on iPad, Mac and iPhone. Unless I've missed it I can't see how I sync my exercises, songs and playlists across all my devices like all other apps do. Unless you use the incredibly clumsy back up and restore from one device to another which is like emailing a file to yourself
    What I need is to be able to work on a song on my iPad and it be there on the Mac or iPhone without having to remember which device I used last! Or did I miss something?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-16-2017 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-16-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    We are working on sync for iReal Pro and based on the survey our users filled out, here are the results:
    Survey results
    Android users don't care about across device sync?
    Android users are that much different than Apple users?
    That's just nuts. It's really, really hard to believe.
    You have 100000 downloads on the play store and 4100 reviews and you think these people don't care about the content of their playlists being the same on every device regardless of where the change was made?!?
    I missed this survey but I'm not on Facebook anyway so it wouldn't be possible for me to participate either way.
    I'm not that much on these forums either.
    I use the app close to every single day of the year.
    I've been wondering pretty much since I got the app how come the app doesn't reflect the changes made to playlists across devices.
    I figured it's coming and would check every now and then only to see people asking about it in the forums.
    You don't have a one single person in one single thread dealing with this feature that said "guys why do need that, it's just not that big of a deal?". Not a single one that I could see.
    Now you've made this survey that doesn't even make sense the way questions are formulated and you say "oh well, there just isn't enough interest...".
    How about the question "I'm on Android and I want sync".
    However it is that you define "sync" as there seem to be many interpretations of similar but different enough scenarios.
    But they all kinda boil down to the same issue: the way it is now, when it comes to sync the app is good for a single device only without a user's input tinkering with changes across devices.
    All I can see is it takes work that the iReal team is just not willing to put in and that's disappointing.