Thread: Backing tracks skipping bars

Default Backing tracks skipping bars

I have been using iReal and especially the backing tracks for practice for some years. I have recently found with 3 charts (so far) that the backing track sometimes skips bars. For example, on the song 'Sail Away' the backing track returns to the top 4 bars from the end. There are no signs to indicate this is intended.

Strange behavior. For me, this chart plays exactly as written.

Sail Away - Tom Harrell --test

If you have the player set for only 1 repeat of the form, it will skip the last 4 bars and go straight to the coda (because with only 1 repeat, the 1st time IS the FINAL time)

I can't explain the behavior you describe.

What device are you using?
    I saw this user info:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.101 Safa

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-23-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Strange behavior. For me, this chart plays exactly as written.

Sail Away - Tom Harrell --test

If you have the player set for only 1 repeat of the form, it will skip the last 4 bars and go straight to the coda (because with only 1 repeat, the 1st time IS the FINAL time)

I can't explain the behavior you describe.

What device are you using?
    I saw this user info:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.101 Safa

)BOB
    Thanks. That may be the explanation although I am pretty sure I had more than one repeat set. Removing the jump to coda sign cured the problem. I had another example this morning but I traced that to an incorrect end of bar sign. If I find any more examples with no obvious faults I will mention them here. I have an iPOD Touch with the latest versions of IOS and iReal.

Here's a useful guide about the different ways the coda works in iRp:

http://irealpro.com/how-the-coda-sym...-in-ireal-pro/

)BOB