Thread: Foot Hi-hat option for 2 and 4 click

Default Foot Hi-hat option for 2 and 4 click

As a pianist In a live setting I am not partial to having a full drum sound (too karaoke like). I generally use just the bass but a nice "chick" sound on 2 and 4 would be great for help keeping time and I think it would be a nice practice option and probably not too difficult to achieve?

I agree; this would be a nice option.

I'd also LOVE a backbeat count in option for jazz tunes! Maybe 1 3 & then a click on 2 and in 4 for the second bar.

And now, in the latest version of iRp, Drums gives us the 2-4 option, yes?

Jack, I tried the 2-4 option. What I hear is a high-pitched click. A high-hat sound would be much more desirable. In contrast to androidus, I like the full drums sound in a live setting. It is a tribute to the developers of iRP that its flexibility can accomodate the aims of its many users.

Yeah, I think that click is just the sticks clicking together, right? Plenty good enough for practice, which is pretty much all I do anymore. But I certainly see your point regarding more performance-oriented use.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    Jack, I tried the 2-4 option. What I hear is a high-pitched click. A high-hat sound would be much more desirable. In contrast to androidus, I like the full drums sound in a live setting. It is a tribute to the developers of iRP that its flexibility can accomodate the aims of its many users.
    You can change the secondary click to hi hat in the count-in settings, then the drum to click 2 & 4. (It is the stick on hi hat sound, not chick from the foot, but it might be preferable.)