Thread: Editing Song title

Default Editing Song title

how to change the title in The édition menu?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-26-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apipierre View Post
    how to change the title in The édition menu?
    There is a detailed tutorial inside the app in Settings/Tutorial/Sharing.
    (You can also select the "?" in a circle at the top of the page)

In OSX look under: Help/Tutorials and Help/Help & Support.

Also online at http://irealpro.com/support

To edit title, composer, style and key:
    In the iOS editor, there is an " i " in a circle, near the lower right corner of the chart. Select that.
    )BOB

I have an iPad running iOS 8.3 but I am unable to edit the composer and title. I have read and re-read the support answers on how to do this, but nowhere on the chart do I see an "i" in a circle. The only symbol on the edit screen that I see within a circle is "?". Touching the question mark button gives me the Help Menu with a) tutorials and b) help support. So my question remains, HOW CAN I EDIT THE COMPOSER AND TITLE.

Question #2: HOW DO I TRANSPOSE AND ENTIRE SONG AND SAVE THE TRANSPOSED VERSION? Whenever I transpose and entire song and save, it reverts to the original key when saved.

The title and composer are edited in the same screen on which you would enter them if it was a new song.
    My app version is still 6.0.1 (works fine, ain't broke) so my previous answer is based in that.
    I guarantee there's an icon on the editor page that will take you to the "info" screen where you can edit the title, composer AND set or transpose the songs default key. Just select the "Set And Transpose" option.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-16-2015 at 09:24 PM.

In Tutorials>Editor there is a slide about the INFO button showing where it is (on the bar just above the keyboard). From Song view, choose Edit from the Pencil icon to get to the Editor.

Hi Bob,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Perhaps I am missing something--I only purchased the program yesterday--BUT after spending hours viewing the tutorials, reading the forums and playing with the application I do not see the information button for more than half a second. This is what happens: 1) select song, 2) hit edit button, 3) keyboard appears, 4) hit "ABC" (text) button, 5) collapse keyboard, 6) hit the small DONE button in the lower left corner, 7) for the briefest moment the "i" button is visible before being replaced by the chords keyboard.

I just tried starting with a new song to see if that made a difference but the same scenario plays out.
    Thanks,
    Dennis

P.S. I just tried iReal Pro on my wife's iPad and I do not have the problem. The info button shows up as it should. Thought both iPads are running the same iOS mine is not behaving. Oh, bother.

P.P.S. I think that I found the problem--it was an iPad issue, not the app. After some sleuthing online I found the answer. The onscreen keyboard somehow became bloated, for lack of a better term, and was covering part of the application (like the "i" info button). The solution is to hold down the "hide keyboard" button, then select either split or dock. I hit split, then unspilt and the keyboard became smaller revealing the previously covered buttons and features. Perhaps this solution will help others if they run into the same problem.
    Last edited by dwhiting; 05-17-2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: New information

I've read in the forums that sometimes (rarely) folks have solved mystery problems by completely deleting (uninstalling) the app, then "buying" it again (you shouldn't be charged if you use the same Apple-id account in the App Store).
    Then in settings, you can "restore purchases" to regain previously purchased styles, guitar/piano chords and scales...
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-17-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Default Entitlement

I've just entered a song into iRealPro and it's been given the title of New Song 2. How can I edit the title/composer etc?

I found the circeled ”i” but I’m too slow to hit it!!
    Here is a video of showing it..

Any solitions?

https://youtube.com/shorts/5s-Xt-UHo8E?feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by Simeoni75 View Post
    I found the circeled ”i” but I’m too slow to hit it!!
    Here is a video of showing it..

Any solitions?

https://youtube.com/shorts/5s-Xt-UHo8E?feature=share

I find the info-screen icon in the EDITOR “i” works best when the editor's keyboard is visible.
    If the keyboard is not visible (like after a copy/cut/paste) touch the chord entry field at the bottom-left (ipad).
    Easier to see the entry field if you tap on any chord on the chart.

)BOB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20C1D7FC-6509-4FF0-A8DE-772B03C2838F.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48A0CA94-1650-419E-AE6A-CEE12D54D8E1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	562