Thread: New styles

Default New styles

Are there any new styles on the horizon? I have been able to work with the current styles quite successfully, except for tunes with more straight-8 feels and funk.

We will be adding new styles but sorry, there are none in the next update coming out later this month.

Okay - thanks for the update and we will look forward to that. Can you offer any kind of a preview of what's new in the coming update?

Quote Originally Posted by ericvv View Post
    ... Can you offer any kind of a preview of what's new in the coming update?
    For Android the main ones are highlight Rehearsal/text option, hand writing font (see our Facebook page), an additional Rhodes sound, background color option (like iOS).

The one style I can't find a good workaround for is the style of straight-eighth note fox trot like a number of Fred Astaire songs, like Change Partners, or The Way You Look Tonight. It's almost like the Latin:Cumbia rhythm and it's almost like the Bossa Acoustic, but either sounds a little strange hitting syncopations that aren't present in the tune. I know it's nowhere near a contemporary style, but I've played the style in every hotel orchestra I've played in. (If you remember the way the first song in "Cabaret" starts, with that lurching little oom pah, you'll know the style I mean.)

http://youtu.be/hBlB8RAJEEc
    Last edited by Grayforester; 03-11-2015 at 01:26 AM. Reason: wrong clip example

Have you tried Trad Jazz, tuba, banjo ~135 like this:
    Cabaret - John Kander, Fred Ebb (1966)
    )BOB