Thread: 2-measure repeats: 2 questions

Default 2-measure repeats: 2 questions

1. Has anyone noticed that iRP will not Playback if there is a 2-measure repeat up against a closing repeat bracket? In other words, it treats the measure up against the closing repeat bracket as if it were empty.

2. What is the admin-preferred use of repeat measure signs when we have, say, four measures of just Bb? Should it be scored as: | Bb | X | X | X | or as:
    | Bb | X | X|X | ?

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    1. Has anyone noticed that iRP will not Playback if there is a 2-measure repeat up against a closing repeat bracket? In other words, it treats the measure up against the closing repeat bracket as if it were empty.

2. What is the admin-preferred use of repeat measure signs when we have, say, four measures of just Bb? Should it be scored as: | Bb | X | X | X | or as:
    | Bb | X | X|X | ?
    Hi Jack
    Re:
    1. I'm not able to replicate the problem you describe (see test chart below).
    2. Either way is understood by the player feature and could be followed by a musician.
    I prefer the double bar repeat (D in the chart below). For me it's easier to see and count...

Double Bar Repeat Test - Test

)BOB

My bad, Bob. (Fat fingers.) I had put a single repeat sign on the bar line instead of a double, so no wonder. Thanks.

Yeah, I like it better with the double, too.

Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-05-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Default 2 measure repeats 2 questions

Hi
    me again....
    When you have a measure where the lyrics are longer words, they tend to get bunched up. Is there a way to resize the measure to fit the lyrics?

Tchara

Since only one space (with one chord or bar-repeat sign %) is required for each measure, using the insert-space button in the editor, measure length can be increased sa desired.

But not without consequences... Having measures of different and random lengths can make the chart difficult for the musician to follow and may cause the iRp player problems resulting in error messages regarding chord placement.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-29-2015 at 11:19 PM.