Thread: Worth a laugh, maybe . . . (Fun with iRp editor)

Default Worth a laugh, maybe . . . (Fun with iRp editor)

Under the category of ridiculous things to do with iRP in the middle of the night when you can't sleep, check out this chart. And if YOU can't sleep either, try figuring out what jazz tune this is the first A section of. It's not one of the most commonly played, but it's one of my favorites. (Upper case letters are rests.) Me, I'm turnin' out the light.

Crude Melody - JHC
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-17-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Alone Together by Schwartz and Dietz, 1932. A favorite of mine.

Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-17-2015 at 02:38 PM.

My answer is: the same to you. Erin go bragh!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Ha! Good question, Bob. And I have absolutely no answer. No defense, either. ;-]

Exactly right, of course, Keith.

Since Bob brought us a song by Schwartz and Deitz, I will recommend another: "Something To Remember You By." Listen to this solo track by Keith Jarrett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eASz1taX2k. Jarrett and I share the same first name and primary instrument but he's a little better than I am. That's OK, because he's also a little older than I am so he has had more time to get good!

Thanks for that, Keith. Extraordinarily beautiful and engaging. If you play like him, . . . I wanna hear you, too.

Harry Pickens is a huge favorite of mine. You might search youtube for: harry pickens nearness of you. This was done way back when Harry had hair. Check out the size of his hands.

BUT . . . please don't miss his hour-long youtube: "A Concert for Contemplation." This is the Harry of today. I think you're going to love this.

I once got to hear Harry play an evening concert with Marshall Hawkins on bass and Harold Mason on drums in a tiny art gallery in Idyllwild. I arrived early and got first choice of seats. I could lean back in my chair and still reach out and play the highest key on his piano. (I actually did it before he arrived.) Best, most memorable night of music I will ever have.

Both guys, these days, make me think of Bill E when they get into it.

Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-24-2015 at 06:16 AM.