Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melody and Lyrics...???

I put text in a song, moved it up with the arrow, leaving me room for another line of text. How do I add the additional text under the first line? Massimo, I love this app. Looking forward to the looping capability in the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmallet View Post
    I put text in a song, moved it up with the arrow, leaving me room for another line of text. How do I add the additional text under the first line? Massimo, I love this app. Looking forward to the looping capability in the update.
    As far as I know, the current app only provides for a single line of text which can be adjusted vertically on the staff.
    There is no "return" function for multiple lines.
    The closest alternative would be to add text near the bottom of a measure and raise the text on the measure below to near the top of that measure thus giving the appearance of two lines.

Text in this app was clearly never designed for lyrics, rather for brief instructions and player notes.

It would be useful to some, if the irb app could be "layered" with other applications on larger format screens so multiple apps could be displayed in the same space line by line. That's not currently available.

If you need traditional lead-sheets, irb probably isn't your best choice.

If you want the BEST small-format, instantly transposable, "pocket-changes" AND practice tool with a great player feature, you've found it!

)BOB

Massimo, is the idea for lyrics and melody a non starter due to legal issues, or will it be plausible with the changes you are making? We might take into consideration the copyright issues Massimo is already dealing with when discussing melody and lyrics on the forums. I hope the lawyers are not reading this.

Thx for input. Please note that I was talking about text in my message. As well, I was talking about a song of my own creation. My message should have no interest to anyone concerned about copyright issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmallet View Post
    I put text in a song, moved it up with the arrow, leaving me room for another line of text. How do I add the additional text under the first line?
    Hello Phil,
    As Bob commented, there is no additional lines within (below) a staff text line for lyrics as you want. Adding on from his suggestion, you can simulate a 3 line text by leaving the first system's text where it is, the second system's text up halfway, and the third up fully.

Another thought is related to viewing your lyrics as the iReal b plays in the background. You could save your lyrics in a PDF, then use a PDF viewer. See:

http://forums.irealbook.net/showthread.php?t=1124

We may create some kind of lyrics page facility in the future. Thanks for your question.

Default Rousseau MusicPad

Reading melody above chords works great! I've done this with about 40 jazz standards but can't post them because of copyright.

Merging melody (in numbered notation) directly into an existing iReal b song is something the next version of Rousseau MusicPad will do once Apple gets iReal b out of "Waiting for Review" status and testing can start.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Reading melody above chords works great!
    ... the next version of Rousseau MusicPad will do ....
    ADMIN EDIT:
    I have copied Norman's comment and post relating to melody and Rousseau MusicPad and iReal b to a separate thread here:
    http://forums.irealbook.net/showthread.php?t=1574

Yes what a brilliant idea! Or, just post them in the forums like we do the songs. Maybe posting melody without chords/lyrics is legal, but would have to somehow fit the current chord platform.

Nothing beats irb for OMB players, sessions and rehearsals without the band. For busking with lyrics though, I use The Chordinator (Android app), which has no player but scrolls lyrics and chords like a teleprompter and can import chordPro and txt file formats. It has no forum either, and no song collection, therefore it's more or less intended for songwriters and buskers than jazz instrumentalists.

Quote Originally Posted by tekrytor View Post
    For busking with lyrics though, I use The Chordinator (Android app), which has no player but scrolls lyrics and chords like a teleprompter and can import chordPro and txt file formats....
    for iOS users, the app OnSong is good. Chords, lyrics, wireless foot pedal (Airturn for instance), transposing, chord diagrams etc. and imports various formats.
    http://www.onsongapp.com/
    coming out for Android also.