Thread: What is the file format generated by iRealPro?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What is the file format generated by iRealPro?

I'm wanting to see if it would be possible to open the existing iRealb/Pro forum library of tune files in another program, that I would develop... I could only find reference to the "legacy" .irb format, which apparently is not how charts are currently saved. Can they be opened in a code or text editor? There had been some mention of data obfuscation entering in with the advent of "Pro" (as opposed to "b"), but wasn't quite sure what was meant by that, exactly. Sorry if this is a question that gas already been addressed or should be handled with Massimo directly.

Contact us at support or Massimo directly

Ok, thanks dflat! I'll do that!

I have just checked with Massimo and we don't give out the song code. Sorry.

Well, thank you for asking. I guess I can understand. If the format weren't proprietary, there would be no imperative to buy or use the iRealPro app, as others may develop competing apps that could read it... The extensive library that has built up around iRealb would be nice to tap into, though. Dflat, I appreciate your help, even if I didn't get the answer I had hoped for. Cheers.

Yes we have spent years developing the app and song code used for now, thousands of songs.
    Thank you for understanding.

An unfortunate side-effect of this policy is that it also becomes tedious to *import* new songs from other sources into iRealPro.

@Frogmorton

you have PM!

Question

At the risk of displaying my ignorance, what is PM?
    And you might want to discuss the data string with sciurius, since he can read it.
    Last edited by bztk; 03-06-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: add another suggestion for Frogmorton

Quote Originally Posted by bztk View Post
    At the risk of displaying my ignorance, what is PM?
    Private message. Click on FAQ for forum information, under Setting and Profile Features>Private messages