Thread: force always into portrait screen mode

Default force always into portrait screen mode

I am aware that there is a global setting to turn off the auto portrait/landscape screen mode but I tend to use landscape for most apps except ireal and kindle. Is it possible to fix ireal so that its always in portrait mode regardless of the android global setting.

I wonder what would be the advantage. You have to put the device in portrait position anyway, so auto-rotate will do the job.

Unfortunately there is no orientation option within the app.

Yes my problem is that sometimes I use my tablet wi4hout a decent stand and it might be placed on top of my amp with a pedal or box for support. If the tablet isnt upright then it can fall back into landscape. Its not the worst thing in the world though!

ok I would make a little bean bag (just a plastic bag with some loose filling?) Light, small and shapes into any position to support your tablet.
    Just an idea...

Google ebook bean bag

A little bit of self-adhesive hook and loop tape (Velcro) works for me.

A guitarist I know locks his phone in portrait-mode and (while playing seated) wraps a home-brew Velcro strap around his right leg just above his knee and sticks his phone to it. Easy to see and adjust, removes instantly. Stable when he taps his foot.

I can see it might be a problem if the display auto-rotated as he moved.
    )BOB

Some fine ideas there...many thanks. I do have a very good tablet stand that fits onto a music/orchestra stand but its quite bulky and was quite expensive at about £40. I really need to get in the habbit of turning off auto rotate